How to edit videos in a Pandemic

nicklmg
1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

btw the video is unlisted

We forum dwellers get to watch the videos before the normal YouTube users do!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

We forum dwellers get to watch the videos before the normal YouTube users do!

oooh, didn't know that.

Parsec sounds interesting, though the "not running as a service" issue really is a downer for how I'd use it...

Though, I do some occasional remote login stuff where that ISNT critical so i will for sure give it a shot. Also, no iOS client really blows.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

I only get error 6023 when I want to play with my friends. Tried everything. Even followed their guide. No luck.

Umm, afaik it does actually have a form of MFA?

If you want to login on a new IP, it sends a mail with a verification code.

Not the most secure thing ever but, it's a lot better than nothing.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Modern remote desktop does this very very well and even has multi-monitor support. With you guys having such insane connections it would feel as if you are right in front of the machine. Of course this requires at least a Quadro to get the acceleration running properly. I use an ancient Tesla K20 and it works just fine (outside of issues with frame buffers since the RDP screens aren't real. Easy to fix if the card actually has graphics outputs.)

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

This is a test of parsec, with a windows 10 host and macOS guest. I am currently running both over a mobile hotspot, and it actually isnt that bad...

The compression is VERY noticable, but for just remoting in to my desktop it isn't that bad at all. The 3 issues i found immediately are that:

• I can't hold my mouse on the top of the display to show my macOS finder bar, I need to either switch to windowed mode or use the 3-finger swipe gesture (If you launch in windowed mode then full screen you can see it as as one would expect... not sure whats different about launching in full screen)
  • Lack of multi-monitor on the free version kinda sucks
  • I cant seem to right click (CTRL+Click) (EDIT: This was total PBKAC, at some point my setting was changed for right click in macOS settings...)

For those curious, I have attached a pic of my remote screen so you can see the compression using a ~10Mbs down 1Mbs connection. It didnt get any better switching back over to a wired host and 5GHz wifi guest with my ~75/75 connection... And I am RIGHT next to my router. I can't say I'm quite impressed, but it also is much better polished than most of the other things i have tried and will likely become my new preferred remote desktop software for that reason alone. I have found teamviewer and anydesk to be a bit finnicky at times.

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.45.38 PM.png

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

I've been trying this out a bit for work, as well. My main issue when I first set it up was that the audio was cutting in and out really terribly. Turning off echo cancelation significantly improved the audio I was able to get. Basically you just have to set the following parameter in the config file:

server_audio_cancel=0

For more information, see this help article: https://support.parsecgaming.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001562772-Advanced-Configuration

So, for Linux users, is this better than one of the bazillion versions of VNC clients or servers you can find ? BTW, is VNC still relevant ? I've setup Apache Guacamole at work but I've still to install the VNC services on the host machines (for now only SSH). I'm wondering if parsec could be better.

Gaming: Windows 10 - Intel i7 9900K - Asus RTX 2080 Strix OC - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER - O11 Dynamic

4 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Really love parsec. But I have one problem with it, I am using a android and when I blue tooth my mouse to my phone and connect to my computer, everytime I use my right click button, it kicks me out of video games and parsec altogether. And if I am not in a video game just on my desktop through phone right click button doesn't work either but doesn't kick me out of parsec, I think the problem is on android phone the right click button on mouse is the return/back button. Does anyone know a way I could fix this problem?

I also have some critical issues with Parsec that make it unusable for me. I want to have a LAN only mode (because a password + 2FA to get full access to everything is not good enough for me) but this is not supported at all in Parsec and there seems to be no way to block ports to make it not work (since it aggressively uses any port it can get a hold of).

Does anyone know if it is possible to force Parsec to be only LAN? I have tried blocking all sorts of ports in pfSense with no luck and have tried various settings in the Parsec host settings.

I just tested Parsec out myself, because I've been looking for a good remote desktop - solution for a while; Nomachine works, but it's kinda slow, even with HW-accel, Moonlight doesn't grab Windows-key, alt-tab or such, VNC is just a bad experience and so on. Seems to work pretty well and immersive mode is exactly what I wanted. I like that one can even use HEVC, instead of the crappy H.264 with it.

So far, I consider Parsec the best remote desktop - solution I've tested.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Has anyone used this and Steam Remote Play? How do they compare?

From what I saw in the video, it just seems like a slightly more user-friendly version of SRP, especially if you know how to get to the desktop and use any app with it.

9 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

btw the video is unlisted

yep it is how I've gotten a few first then as the video goes on add more comments. it made some people really salty.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

* You cannot host on a Windows 7 computer.

And I am sure not hosting on the RPi, that would be the client...

Wonder if it's security measure or something else...

5 hours ago, RageTester said:

* You cannot host on a Windows 7 computer.

And I am sure not hosting on the RPi, that would be the client...

Wonder if it's security measure or something else...

Hosting is specifically only on Windows 8.1 and 10 for now, though linus didn't specify that in the video. Everything else is just for joining.

11 hours ago, Peeves said:

Has anyone used this and Steam Remote Play? How do they compare?

Pretty much comparable, though Parsec allows you to use HEVC instead of only H.264, which is definitely a good thing, and Parsec also works for proper remote desktop - duties since it can grab the Windows-key and alt-tab and the likes, which Steam doesn't grab.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Unlike Steam Remote Link or Google Remote Desktop, Parsec actually allows me to stream any game, regardless of whether they're on Steam or not. This alone makes it superior to every other remote desktop option I've tried. ❤️ 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

Just use Windows  remote desktop, you just need the PC to be power ON, and have user in the white list in remote desktop access list. And on remote PC, just install the VPNclient app. The remote desktop is already integrated in the Windows PC.

Spoiler
CPU : Intel 14gen i7-14700K
COOLER :  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White + thermaltake toughfan 12 white + Thermal Grizzly - CPU Contact Frame Intel 13./14. +  Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra
GPU : MSI RTX 2070 Armor @GPU 2050MHz Mem 8200MHz -> USB C 10Gb/s cable 2m -> Unitek 4x USB HUB 10 Gb/s (Y-HB08003)
MOBO : MSI MEG Z690 UNIFY
RAM :  Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) 6400 MHz CL32 (CMK64GX5M2B6400C32)
SSD : Intel Optane 905P 960GB U.2 (OS) + 2 x WD SN850X 4TB + 2 x PNY CS3140 2TB + ASM2824 PCIe switch -> 4 x Plextor M8PeG 1TB + flexiDOCK MB014SP-B -> Crucial MX500 2TB + GoodRam Iridium PRO 960GB + Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
HDD : WD White 18TB WD180EDFZ + SATA port multiplier adp6st0-j05 (JMB575) ->  WD Gold 8TB WD8002FRYZ + WD Gold 4TB WD4002FYYZ + WD Red PRO 4TB WD4001FFSX + WD Green 2TB WD20EARS
EXTERNAL
HDD/SSD : 
XT-XINTE LM906 (JMS583) -> Plextor M8PeG 1TB + WD My Passport slim 1TB + LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drive 1TB USB-C + Zalman ZM-VE350 -> Goodram IRDM PRO 240GB
PSU :  Super Flower leadex platinum 750 W biały -> Bitfenix alchemy extensions białe/białe + AsiaHorse 16AWG White 
UPS :  CyberPower CP1500EPFCLCD -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 8 -> Brennenstuhl primera-line 10
LCD :  LG 32UD59-B + LG flatron IPS236 -> Silverstone SST-ARM11BC
CASE :  Fractal R5 Biały + Lian Li BZ-H06A srebrny + 6 x Thermaltake toughfan 14 white + Thermalright TL-B8W
SPEAKERS :  Aune S6 Pro -> Topping PA3-B -> Polk S20e black -> Monoprice stand 16250
HEADPHONES :  TOSLINK 2m -> Aune S6 Pro -> 2 x Monoprice Premier 1.8m 16AWG 3-pin XLR -> Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 -> 4-pin XLR na 2 x 3.5mm 16 cores OCC 2m Cable -> HiFiMAN Edition XS -> sheepskin pads + 4-pin XLR na 2 x 2.5mm ABLET silver 2m  Cable -> Monoprice Monolith M1060 + Brainwavz HM100 -> Brainwavz sheepskin oval pads + Wooden double Ɪ Stand + Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK -> sheepskin pads + Multibrackets MB1893 + Sennheiser Momentum 3 +  Philips Fidelio X2HR/00 + JBL J88 White
MIC :  Tonor TC30 -> Mozos SB38
KEYBOARD : Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent (EU) + Glorious PC Gaming Race Stealth Slim - Full Size Black + PQI MyLockey
MOUSE :  Logitech MX ERGO + 2 x Logitech MX Performance + Logitech G Pro wireless + Logitech G Pro Gaming -> Hotline Games 2.0 Plus + Corsair MM500 3xl + Corsair MM300 Extended + Razer goliathus control
CONTROLLERS :  Microsoft xbox series x controller pc (1VA-00002) -> brainwavz audio Controller Holder UGC2 + Microsoft xbox 360 wireless black + Ravcore Javelin
NET :  Intel x520-DA2 -> 2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT + 2 x ASUS ZenWiFi Pro XT12
NAS :  Qnap TS-932X-2G -> Noctua NF-P14s redux 1200 PWM -> Kingston 16GB 2400Mhz CL14 (HX424S14IB/16) -> 9 x Crucial MX500 2TB ->  2 x FTLX8571D3BCV-IT -> 2 x Digitus (DK-HD2533-05/3)

Noice, now i can play non-Steam games with my 9 years old laptop downstairs with less hassle compare to Steam Link. 😆

How long is the trial btw? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

20 hours ago, kokosnh said:

Just use Windows  remote desktop, you just need the PC to be power ON, and have user in the white list in remote desktop access list. And on remote PC, just install the VPNclient app. The remote desktop is already integrated in the Windows PC.

It doesn't perform anywhere near as well as Parsec.

56 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

How long is the trial btw? 

What trial?