R5 3600X Temps?

The_Real_Skeb
Go to solution Solved by Azura Lightfeilt,
31 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

Yesterday I bought the R5 3600X and a ROG STRIX B450-F gaming motherboard. I installed the cpu and everything boot fine. When I look at temps, on idle I got up to 64C. Is that a normal temp for idle? I haven’t tested stressing it because I’m afraid of it breaking or something happening to it. And also what’s the max temp for this CPU? 

The common healthy temperature of CPU at load is normally below 80c. Unfortunately, from the information given, I can not colclude whether or not the temperature could be harming your system performance.

As far as my knowledge extend, the normal CPU temperature at idle is around 30-40c. 

I suggest you do a stress test. Don't worry as stress test will not harm your CPU nor any other components. If your CPU gets too hot, the CPU will throttle itself, sacrificing performance in order to get lower temperatures.

If you are concerned about your temperature, you can consider undervolting your CPU. There are many guides on YouTube (including an LTT video) that discuss this procedure in depth.

If you don't want to play with Undervolting the CPU (Because it can be scary for some people) you can try to get an aftermarket or a better model cooler instead.

Note: Overheating CPU usually doesn't harm the CPU itself, but will hold back performance as the CPU throttles to a "safe temperatures". Also, undervolting isn't too much of a risk as long as you follow the many guides on the internet.

EDIT: Thank you to @scuff gangfor pointing out my mistake. I have edited this post and hope to deliver a more accurate informations. [EDIT: Normal CPU temperature at idle should be 30c - 40c]

I deeply apologize for the misinformation I have given.

Sincerely

Azura Lightfeilt

Yesterday I bought the R5 3600X and a ROG STRIX B450-F gaming motherboard. I installed the cpu and everything boot fine. When I look at temps, on idle I got up to 64C. Is that a normal temp for idle? I haven’t tested stressing it because I’m afraid of it breaking or something happening to it. And also what’s the max temp for this CPU? And I forgot to mention, I’m using stock cooler on full speed. And airflow is not a problem in my PC.

My idle temps are nuts aswell goes from 40-60 but its mostly due to the monitoring software if you use ryzen master and close all others monitoring softwares you should notice a stabilization also check ur voltages mine are 1,375 at constant with fluctuations and im now in the process of asking around how do i safely undervolt as much as i can to pull 4,1ghz. Mine goes to 87c on cinebench

31 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

Yesterday I bought the R5 3600X and a ROG STRIX B450-F gaming motherboard. I installed the cpu and everything boot fine. When I look at temps, on idle I got up to 64C. Is that a normal temp for idle? I haven’t tested stressing it because I’m afraid of it breaking or something happening to it. And also what’s the max temp for this CPU? 

The common healthy temperature of CPU at load is normally below 80c. Unfortunately, from the information given, I can not colclude whether or not the temperature could be harming your system performance.

As far as my knowledge extend, the normal CPU temperature at idle is around 30-40c. 

I suggest you do a stress test. Don't worry as stress test will not harm your CPU nor any other components. If your CPU gets too hot, the CPU will throttle itself, sacrificing performance in order to get lower temperatures.

If you are concerned about your temperature, you can consider undervolting your CPU. There are many guides on YouTube (including an LTT video) that discuss this procedure in depth.

If you don't want to play with Undervolting the CPU (Because it can be scary for some people) you can try to get an aftermarket or a better model cooler instead.

Note: Overheating CPU usually doesn't harm the CPU itself, but will hold back performance as the CPU throttles to a "safe temperatures". Also, undervolting isn't too much of a risk as long as you follow the many guides on the internet.

EDIT: Thank you to @scuff gangfor pointing out my mistake. I have edited this post and hope to deliver a more accurate informations. [EDIT: Normal CPU temperature at idle should be 30c - 40c]

I deeply apologize for the misinformation I have given.

Sincerely

Azura Lightfeilt

Edited by Azura Lightfeilt
Edited for false information

1 minute ago, VerTTi said:

My idle temps are nuts aswell goes from 40-60 but its mostly due to the monitoring software if you use ryzen master and close all others monitoring softwares you should notice a stabilization also check ur voltages mine are 1,375 at constant with fluctuations and im now in the process of asking around how do i safely undervolt as much as i can to pull 4,1ghz. Mine goes to 87c on cinebench

I used MSI afterburner which have me a graph of all cpu cores. It started at 63 and as I ran it for around 45 minutes, it just went up and down and maxed at 64C. The cpu cooler I have already has thermal paste pre applied so im not really sure what the problem is. And also another problem I’m getting is that in task manager it only shows 2 cores are running. R5 3600X has 6 cores*

Just now, The_Real_Skeb said:

I used MSI afterburner which have me a graph of all cpu cores. It started at 63 and as I ran it for around 45 minutes, it just went up and down and maxed at 64C. The cpu cooler I have already has thermal paste pre applied so im not really sure what the problem is. And also another problem I’m getting is that in task manager it only shows 2 cores are running. R5 3600X has 6 cores*

Task manager showing 3 sounds very odd, but when it comes pretty much any other software than ryzen master on monitoring temps they tend to fool ryzen processors that there is a workload coming spiking the temps up and upkeeping a higher over all tempratures and increasing them overtime to the values you described so i would test monitoring it with nothing but ryzen master open and then working your way up light-medium-high to things like cinebench etc.

Being in the high 60s at idle seems high, are you sure you properly tightened the cooler? 
the screws on coolers are spring loaded, so you have to push down to get them engaged then tighten till they stop.

@Azura Lightfeilt those temps aren’t normal at stock.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6