I have a tough one for all of you.

ItsVeriicalz

I am getting a completely black display. I have jumped the CMOS, replaced CMOS battery, even left it out for 2 days and all come back to a blank screen.

I know this PC works as I was using it when it went black.

I was trying to do something unsmart and test certain settings in the BIOS menu. I had my CMS settings opened, and changed everything to UEFI Only. This was a mistake as when I rebooted my pc, nothing came up on screen apart from a no signal button. I'm fairly sure it is booting into windows as the harddrive is loud as it would usually be, however I sometimes get cold boots where everything turns on but nothing happens, and it turns off immediately when I push the power button. No motherboard damage, CPU pins are all perfect, no beeping and I've reseated RAM and nothing. All my parts are working. My motherboard is slightly older but it's an MSI H61M-P31/W8 paired with an i5 3470, 2x4gb DDR3 ram and GTX 1650.

11 minutes ago, ItsVeriicalz said:

All my parts are working.

If you're getting the same behavior every single time and it's not displaying anything, I think it's safe to say not all of your parts are working.

With that said, I think your best option would be to replace the motherboard, since resetting CMOS didn't do anything. The problem is most likely with your BIOS, and it doesn't appear that your motherboard supports BIOS flashing without being powered on.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

If seen BIOS Chips just die, so that might be your issue, most boards have jumpers to select a second chip, maybe that will help.

Apart from that it sounds like a GPU thing, so you might wanna try to use your boards display output or try booting it without the GPU installed, then put it back in and hope it selects itself as primary GPU again.

If you need recommendations for a new printer (the ones that use paper) you can tag me, i should be able to help 🙂

27 minutes ago, ItsVeriicalz said:

I know this PC works as I was using it when it went black.

I know that this PC doesn't work for the same reason. Really, basically the only causes for a random black screen are either a spontaneous power cut or a broken component, so unless you keep getting a power outage when you try to turn your PC on, something has crapped out.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I bought this PC in February this year just seems odd that changing a big setting in the BIOS fucked it up. Just annoying because the current situation of the world I'm not earning any money to replace. Just annoying

18 minutes ago, Aderalia said:

If seen BIOS Chips just die, so that might be your issue, most boards have jumpers to select a second chip, maybe that will help.

Apart from that it sounds like a GPU thing, so you might wanna try to use your boards display output or try booting it without the GPU installed, then put it back in and hope it selects itself as primary GPU again.

Yeah I tried this but still nothing

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I know that this PC doesn't work for the same reason. Really, basically the only causes for a random black screen are either a spontaneous power cut or a broken component, so unless you keep getting a power outage when you try to turn your PC on, something has crapped out.

It went black when I restarted out of BIOS not when I was fully using it. My bad for poor choice of words

Just now, ItsVeriicalz said:

It went black when I restarted out of BIOS not when I was fully using it. My bad for poor choice of words

Did you leave the power cable plugged in when resetting the BIOS?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Did you leave the power cable plugged in when resetting the BIOS?

yes

13 minutes ago, ItsVeriicalz said:

yes

It won't work unless it's unplugged

Primary PC:

Plug the video cable into the motherboard and see if you get video.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 7:07 PM, Fasauceome said:

It won't work unless it's unplugged

Still nothing

On 4/5/2020 at 7:09 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

Plug the video cable into the motherboard and see if you get video.

Done and nothing