Record video from built-in macbook webcam in OSX 10.5.8 (solved)

I have a 2007 macbook kicking around.  I really only want to use this thing for the webcam.  Record a short video of myself, and copy it to a USB drive.  It doesn't appear to have iMovie or QuickTime Pro installed, so those applications won't record video.  The "photo booth" app records some video, but sometimes doesn't record the whole thing (cuts the video short). 

I've tried looking at really old versions of OBS and VLC, but can't get them to work.  Is there any software that works with OSX 10.5.8 that can record video?  Or should I perhaps try installing Linux to record video?  As another note: I no longer have the install media for this macbook, so I can't reinstall the OS if things go sideways. 

Yeah, it's a really old version of Mac OS, it's a 13 year old laptop, I don't expect much; I just want to squeeze an extra few drops of life out of this thing if I can before it goes to the graveyard. 

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

1 minute ago, 7he404guy said:

I just want to squeeze an extra few drops of life out of this thing if I can before it goes to the graveyard. 

don't throw it in the trash, put it on ebay when you're done with it. those white macbooks can still get you like $50

She/Her

5 minutes ago, Twilight said:

don't throw it in the trash

By "graveyard" I was thinking ship it back to apple who claim to recycle them.

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

No reason to toss good hardware

I don't know if they'll want it... a certain "someone" once threw it out a 2nd floor window.  Back then Apple was good to their warranty (at least in my small town) and fixed it, but it's still got a few cracks on the body. 

I just don't know that it's worth the hassle of having to deal with ebay and paypal. 

As an aside: I've found a "100% legit" software solution that works.