Looking for a cheap 4K compatible card that will work with my old setup

sneakysnake128

I recently got a XFX RX 550 for my secondary build running a (very stable overclocked) AMD FX-8320 / GA-970A-UD3P build, but for some reason it's not posting (no speaker beep either).

I'm assuming this is because the rest of the hardware is too old (correct me if I'm wrong). In the meantime, what's the cheapest/oldest video card capable of doing 4K at 60 Hz? 

3 minutes ago, sneakysnake128 said:

I recently got a XFX RX 550 for my secondary build running a (very stable overclocked) AMD FX-8320 / GA-970A-UD3P build, but for some reason it's not posting (no speaker beep either).

I'm assuming this is because the rest of the hardware is too old (correct me if I'm wrong). In the meantime, what's the cheapest/oldest video card capable of doing 4K at 60 Hz? 

I'd do a cmos reset as adding in a new gpu can sometimes mess with an overclocked cpu.

The gpu depends on what titles you want to play. Any card can do 4k 60hz in some games or a certain settings. We need more info.

Displaying 4K 60hz, or gaming 4k 60hz?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Just 60hz video and browsing. I also tried a CMOS reset as well, no dice.

12 hours ago, sneakysnake128 said:

Doesn't do 4K 60 Hz with HDMI. 

That HDMI part would have been nice to know, well then I guess I will have to recommend the gt1030 or another 550.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!