Low voltage on 3.3V rail

Craxton

is this normal with that 1000 watt psu we discussed was overkill a month ago?? the 3.3V rail???? hw info says the same thing...

Screenshot (297).png

10 minutes ago, Craxton said:

is this normal with that 1000 watt psu we discussed was overkill a month ago?? the 3.3V rail???? hw info says the same thing...

The software voltage readings are inaccurate and useless. Just ignore them

:)

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

aiming to get a voltage meter that plugs in. cant remember the name atm and to lazy to google search it. but considering my 650watt coolermaster does the same thing on the 3.3v rail i was curious... but anyhow the cpu fan at 2000rpm is an aio...pretty silent even with 10 120mm fans and a 140mm in the back...in the enermax adv case... 

Just now, Craxton said:

aiming to get a voltage meter that plugs in. cant remember the name atm and to lazy to google search it.

That's not a very good idea, you'll just introduce a voltage drop yourself. As Seon said, software readings are wildly inaccurate most of the time and even then, 3.26 V are perfectly good.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

7 hours ago, seon123 said:

so, for me having an r5 1600AF @ 4.1ghz 1.33volts llc4, with an xfx ddultra 5700 flashed bios, with the ten fans, an led strip the 3.3v rail is fine?? and i dont understand how a kilowatt meter would make it drop or read more inaccurate?? lots to learn from my end.. 

6 hours ago, Craxton said:

so, for me having an r5 1600AF @ 4.1ghz 1.33volts llc4, with an xfx ddultra 5700 flashed bios, with the ten fans, an led strip the 3.3v rail is fine?? 

What's concerning you exactly ?

7 hours ago, Craxton said:

and i dont understand how a kilowatt meter would make it drop or read more inaccurate?? lots to learn from my end.. 

I thought you were talking about some kind of meter that cuts in 24-pin or smth. Killawatt wouldn't affect DC voltages but i don't know what you were planning to do with it then since it only measures the input power.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

18 hours ago, Craxton said:

so, for me having an r5 1600AF @ 4.1ghz 1.33volts llc4, with an xfx ddultra 5700 flashed bios, with the ten fans, an led strip the 3.3v rail is fine?? and i dont understand how a kilowatt meter would make it drop or read more inaccurate?? lots to learn from my end.. 

That's not your PSU voltage.  That's the +3.3V at the motherboard.

What kinds of problems are you experiencing that make you think there's an issue with your power supply?