Most games stutter

IkBenSytse

Hello, I have a lot of games that stutter no matter how low the settings go, is it a Ram related problem or CPU? I've got 1x 8Gb 2666mHz ram stick, Ryzen 5 1500x and a Gtx 1060 6Gb. I've had this problem ever since I built it, but it starts to bother me more and more. 

So... Ryzen is very memory bandwidth dependent so I would usually recommend that you use 2x3000mhz at least to get the full performance. Could you check the utilization of the gpu and cpu during games? Then you can tell what the bottleneck is. Also do you have all your drivers up to date?

What Mr. PC said.

There is no right or wrong... only popular opinion, political correctness, and government edict.

It's mostly Far Cry 5, Just Cause 3 and Watch dogs 2. Around 80% usage on both the CPU and GPU, I have the most recent drivers

8 hours ago, IkBenSytse said:

It's mostly Far Cry 5, Just Cause 3 and Watch dogs 2. Around 80% usage on both the CPU and GPU, I have the most recent drivers

As Mr. PC said a dual channel memory would do better performance wise and i would recommend upgrading to 2×4gb sticks at 3000