FPS Problem with RX590

Maxmanus
Go to solution Solved by IsaacThePooper,
40 minutes ago, Maxmanus said:

I met with one friend from turkish forum, we have same problem. He is using 16GB Ram with dual, i dont think so.

Still, his might be a different issue. You should pretty much always run dual channel on Ryzen

Hello, i bought new PC like 2 days ago. I'm playing game on high FPS 100-110 but i feel like 30-40 FPS. GPU usage is not stable. GPU usage sometimes %99 %30 %1 everytime changes. When i open the scope i feel like 20FPS. I have this problem on PUBG, i did not test on other games yet. 

GPU: MSI RX 590  ARMOR 

CPU: R5 1600

MOTHERBOARD: B450M S2H

PSU: GIGABYTE P650B 650W 

Update the BIOS, drivers and firmware. DDU the video drivers and reinstall them

I tried almost everything, i downloaded old version 19.12.1 to try but result was same.

25 minutes ago, Maxmanus said:

Hello, i bought new PC like 2 days ago. I'm playing game on high FPS 100-110 but i feel like 30-40 FPS. GPU usage is not stable. GPU usage sometimes %99 %30 %1 everytime changes. When i open the scope i feel like 20FPS. I have this problem on PUBG, i did not test on other games yet. 

GPU: MSI RX 590  ARMOR 

CPU: R5 1600

MOTHERBOARD: B450M S2H

PSU: GIGABYTE P650B 650W 

What is the cpu usage like?

4 minutes ago, Mr. PC said:

What is the cpu usage like?

30-45%

I would suggest you to make sure you uninstal or clean the older driver befote installing the newer one. 

Another possible cause of the dip in performance is the RAM and power delivery. As we know, Ryzen is known to run best at 2400MHz or higher. I would like to ask the RAM you have. Also, single-channel RAM might also hold back your performance. It is known that Ryzen would run optimally with dual stick, 2400MHz (or more) RAM.

Power issue can also hold back your RX590, as RX590 uses as much power as a 1080ti, it is not very efficient. Even though your PSU says it is 650 watts, that is the combined wattage on each rail. You need the wattage on the 12 volt rail. It may only be getting 450 on the 12 volt rail and the RX590 will average 250-300watts. Peaks will bring that even higher.

I am using  single channel 8GB DDR4 3000MHz. I tried to play Rust but GPU usage was same as PUBG. I shared video on youtube about this problem, here is link:

second one is GPU usage btw. 

1 minute ago, Maxmanus said:

I am using  single channel 8GB DDR4 3000MHz. I tried to play Rust but GPU usage was same as PUBG. I shared video on youtube about this problem, here is link:

second one is GPU usage btw. 

Perhaps that single-channel Memory might be the source of the problem. As Ryzen does not take single-channel Memories well.

I met with one friend from turkish forum, we have same problem. He is using 16GB Ram with dual, i dont think so.

40 minutes ago, Maxmanus said:

Still, his might be a different issue. You should pretty much always run dual channel on Ryzen