Hello All,

Following my last post, I managed to purchase the correct Motherboard needed to house my new Intel i5 9600K, I went for a ROG B390-H Strix Gaming. 

The standard clock speed for my CPU is 3.7Ghz, however, when booting my PC up I have noticed that even with the smallest loads (Chrome & iCue) the CPU seems to idle on Average at 4.4Ghz. (please see pictures below)

Although I am aware K processors can be Overclocked, I have not overclocked mine and am worried that the CPU is being damaged. I recently format my PC after purchasing an SSD and have only downloaded NZXT CAM to monitor my temps etc...

Can anyone give an advice on whether or not this is an issue or is normal for this type of processor. If it is an issue, what can I do to fix it?

Kind Regards,

Millsy

image.png.d992273d3fd3a6e8b6df36ed85c07c9d.pngimage.png.9c08d801cfe8b1d5d4576b44e0f9d8d4.png

Basically Linus 2.0 at This Point - https://imgur.com/a/dD7AerE

8 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

You CPU will be fine, It can turbo boost to 4.6Ghz by itself. 

Why would it boost itself to this high whilst under no load, I thought it would only do this if required to do so for durability purposes?

Basically Linus 2.0 at This Point - https://imgur.com/a/dD7AerE

12 minutes ago, Millsy_ said:

Why would it boost itself to this high whilst under no load, I thought it would only do this if required to do so for durability purposes?

Because it can. The base clock is more like what Intel can absolutely guarantee without any unreasonably bad cooling. And it still isn't boosting to its highest boost clock so there really isn't anything to worry about.