Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Okay so, I have tried everything I can think of. But the memory I have in slots a_1 a_2 will light up but won’t detect in the bios. I switched around all 4 sticks. I cleared the cmos. I pulled the cmos battery out and let it sit for 10 min. I just left two sticks in the aforementioned slots and got a memory (yellow light) error. I don’t know what else to try or do. Let me know if you can think of anything. My pc specs are broken down in my profile. If you need more info please ask.  It will boot into windows but only in single channel with, (half of 32gb), 16gb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, parzival0741 said:

Okay so, I have tried everything I can think of. But the memory I have in slots a_1 a_2 will light up but won’t detect in the bios. I switched around all 4 sticks. I cleared the cmos. I pulled the cmos battery out and let it sit for 10 min. I just left two sticks in the aforementioned slots and got a memory (yellow light) error. I don’t know what else to try or do. Let me know if you can think of anything. My pc specs are broken down in my profile. If you need more info please ask.  It will boot into windows but only in single channel with, (half of 32gb), 16gb.

Imo it’s either bad memory, bad slots on the mobo (most likely) or not enough pressure on the cpu and it’s not contacting enough which may cause not reading this slots. Try this first.


   @Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

                EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

                EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

                EKWB EK Thermosphere 

                EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

                EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

                EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

                EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

                EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

                EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

 

                                          WHIRO

         THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

 

        He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 hours ago, Whiro said:

Imo it’s either bad memory, bad slots on the mobo (most likely) or not enough pressure on the cpu and it’s not contacting enough which may cause not reading this slots. Try this first.

It was working fine and then it black screened with no motherboard light. And then the slots stoped working. I’m going to try cleaning it with some alcohol wipes. But it’s just weird.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I have decided to buy a new motherboard and hope that works. Is there any chance it could be the cpu? Asking for a friend. I have had this computer for just over a year. I’m just praying this will fix it. @Whiro

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parzival0741 said:

I have decided to buy a new motherboard and hope that works. Is there any chance it could be the cpu? Asking for a friend. I have had this computer for just over a year. I’m just praying this will fix it. @Whiro

It’s very unlikely that it is cpu fault tbh. Most likely mobo went bad. Bud did you tested what I mentioned before? The pressure of the heatsink on the cpu.


   @Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

                EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

                EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

                EKWB EK Thermosphere 

                EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

                EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

                EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

                EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

                EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

                EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

 

                                          WHIRO

         THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

 

        He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Whiro said:

It’s very unlikely that it is cpu fault tbh. Most likely mobo went bad. Bud did you tested what I mentioned before? The pressure of the heatsink on the cpu.

Yes I pulled the whole think out reseated it and put new paste on. The issue still persisted. Sorry I forgot to tell you. Thank you for the help! If there are anything last minute thing you can think of to try I have plenty of time. The earliest my new motherboard will get here is the 16th. I got the rog maximus hero. Mostly for the built in cmos button and WiFi. But I digress.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Thank you  @Whiro for the help! I finally got the motherboard switched out and back up and running! It worked perfectly. I'm back at 100% and looking at starting up folding again!

---------------------- Final message ------------------- 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×