New 5700 XT Grainy texture in games

sgtballs

Hi guys n gals. I just upgraded my GPU from Nvidia 970 to an AMD 5700 xt. I also did a case swap but the GPU is the only new hardware. Aside from a few AMD bugs that worked out after updating my drivers, my only remaining issue is that in games the graphics have a grainyness to them. Not low resolution, but like a film grain.  Dota2, Rocket League, Doom Eternal, Civ6... all have it but not videos or web pages ect. I wiped old drives with when installing with DDU, I played with some settings but nothing has any effect and its the same effect in all games so I don't think its any in game setting. It also is not present when I connect to my Sony TV. My monitor is a Benq XL2411. Tomorrow I will try changing output connections and cables and then I'll try swapping the card back to see if it is still there.  Any ideas?

On your advice I just tried that one... I think you nailed it.  I had it enabled which you would think would make look better.  Off fixes the grain but the image is not great.  About 30 - 40 % seems to be the sweet spot.  Off looks much better in rocket league, but not great in Dota2.  I'm gonna keep playing with this and see.  Thanks man!  

My textures are fine... Radeon image sharpening is bad too by the way, use actual res changes if you want better image quality, 1440P or higher.

DOOM looks so razor sharp because i turned off all AA and just let 4K sort the AA, much better!

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

8 hours ago, sgtballs said:

On your advice I just tried that one... I think you nailed it.  I had it enabled which you would think would make look better.  Off fixes the grain but the image is not great.  About 30 - 40 % seems to be the sweet spot.  Off looks much better in rocket league, but not great in Dota2.  I'm gonna keep playing with this and see.  Thanks man!  

I personally have not been using Radeon Image sharpening. But from the demos I have seen, it has potential, but is very game dependent. Like it seems to be beneficial in certain games but in others it just looks terrible. I have a 1440p monitor so I just choose not to use it altogether.