How to check Mobo BIOS prior purchase?

Will be heading down to Microcenter to pick up ASRock B450M Pro4 tomorrow or so.

That is B450 so as far as I know it won't work with 3600 unless its on BIOS 3.30 at least?!

Is there a way to check the BIOS prior purchase? I want to make sure that I won't be in the position that I can't boot cause the bios is outdated.

Asking microcenter to flash it for you would be one option but I would rather not do that.

Is this more of a gamble or there is a way? I don't know call asrock with serial number so they can verify or something?

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, bdk74 said:

Will be heading down to Microcenter to pick up ASRock B450M Pro4 tomorrow or so.

That is B450 so as far as I know it won't work with 3600 unless its on BIOS 3.30 at least?!

Is there a way to check the BIOS prior purchase? I want to make sure that I won't be in the position that I can't boot cause the bios is outdated.

Asking microcenter to flash it for you would be one option but I would rather not do that.

Is this more of a gamble or there is a way? I don't know call asrock with serial number so they can verify or something?

Thanks in advance.

Microcenter at this point should only be stocking boards that support Ryzen 3000 CPUs. It will also say Ryzen 3000 ready right on the box for the board somewhere if it does. And worst comes to worst, if it doesn't, you can take advantage of AMDs CPU loaner program to update the bios.

1 minute ago, TheBahrbarian said:

It will also say Ryzen 3000 ready right on the box

Awesome - that's what I was looking for...

1 minute ago, TheBahrbarian said:

worst, if it doesn't, you can take advantage of AMDs CPU loaner program to update the bios.

Can you elaborate more on this? You are talking to old Intel guy :)

AMD offers a loaner processor you can use just to boot and update your system. You can find out more about it here. Or straight from that site:

AMD will offer affected and qualified users (as described below) an AMD Athlon 200GE Processor, including thermal solution, for short-term use ("boot kit") to perform the BIOS update on their motherboard.

This short-term processor loan or boot kit is offered through AMD warranty services and is available only for qualified users that:

1. Have made a valid purchase of a 3rd Gen Ryzen™ Desktop Processor and;
  2. Are unable to boot that processor because the user’s current X470/B450 BIOS must be upgraded first.

2 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

AMD offers a loaner processor you can use just to boot and update your system. You can find out more about it here. Or straight from that site:

wow thats crazy! Starting to love AMD (red team).

The loaner program is one way.  You could also ask the person you're buying it from, if it's a dealer.  They should know.