Made a new build wont start up

Fardeen Chy
Go to solution Solved by PyroTheWise,

@Fardeen Chy  I am no expert but I will try to help.  The slot to put the memory is the second slot closest to the CPU.   Memory goes in 2/4 not 1/3 for Dual channel (motherboards with 4 memory slots).

Please make sure the memory is in that slot. 

If you still need to do a BIOS upgrade you can possible do that via a USB drive.  On my MSI B450 motherboard I an plug in a USB drive with the bios upgrade (specifc slot on the motherboard and it will updated from there).   Sorry, but I do not know if the Tachii will support this.  Your motherboard manual should specify if this is possible.

I just built a pc for the first time but I'm having trouble after putting it all together.

This is my build:

Motherboard: X470 Taichi
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Memory: GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 8Gx2 (16GVRB)
Adata SSD SU650 240 gb
Seagate barracuda 1TB
GPU: XFX rx 5700xt
PSU: EVGA 650 G3

The pc turns on for about 30 seconds and then shuts down by itself, and then turns on again, and it keeps repeating. The bios menu does not show up and its just a black screen. The Dr. Debug code was 60 at first. I took out one of the RAM sticks. I put the other one into a different slot. I pushed the clear cmos button and turned it on again. This time there was a bunch of flashing codes but I think it's still falling under the same error category according to the Dr. Debug list.

Is the RAM not being compatible the reason for all this?

The Dr. Debug category says:Problem related to memory. Please re-install the CPU and memory then clear CMOS. If the problem still exists, please install only one memory module or try using other memory modules.

Might need to perform a bios update, but from what I'm seeing, everything should work... Is the memory in the 2nd slot?

Hey thanks for the response. How would i do bios update since the bios menu doesnt even show up? Also what do you mean when you say is the memory in the 2nd slot? I tried moving the sticks around the slots and that didnt work. And i also tried with just one stick too.

Please bare with me its my first time building a desktop.

@Fardeen Chy  I am no expert but I will try to help.  The slot to put the memory is the second slot closest to the CPU.   Memory goes in 2/4 not 1/3 for Dual channel (motherboards with 4 memory slots).

Please make sure the memory is in that slot. 

If you still need to do a BIOS upgrade you can possible do that via a USB drive.  On my MSI B450 motherboard I an plug in a USB drive with the bios upgrade (specifc slot on the motherboard and it will updated from there).   Sorry, but I do not know if the Tachii will support this.  Your motherboard manual should specify if this is possible.

@PyroTheWise Hey man thanks for that it worked now when i put the memory in the slots 2/4. The error code is gone now and the PC keeps running. But now there is nothing being outputted on the monitor. I tried all the HDMI ports but it isnt working. What do u suggest i  do now?

16 hours ago, Fardeen Chy said:

hey guys i fixed it. Thank you so much for the quick response and the help :D

That is great to hear!   Thanks for updating the thread