Black Ops 4 unplayable at 1080p but smooth as butter at 1050p

Hey all.  I got Black Ops 4 a while ago but was never able to really enjoy it as it ran horribly.  I turned down all graphics to the point where I couldn't even see player models anymore and was still getting below 30 fps.  With all this newfound time on my hands, I figured it would be pretty fun to give it a go again and see if new graphics drivers fixed it or something.  Sadly, they did not.  However, I noticed that when I turned the in game resolution down from 1080p (my monitor's native resolution) to 1050p, (1650x1050) the game was super smooth.  I was even able to crank up the graphics and everything was great.  However, everything looks muddy, like there is a filter over it (because of scaling I suppose) and I would like to play at 1080p.

Is there any reason why it would run so terribly at 1080p but run perfectly at 1050p?

PC Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/v8TyLD 

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

Still having this issue, any ideas?

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

On 4/8/2020 at 9:43 PM, AdvocateOfNyx said:

Still having this issue, any ideas?

the issue is that battle.net is cancer for activisions games and after my experience with it on modern warfare 2019 i WILL NOT be buying another activision game until they use steam again.

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

2x MSI RX580 Gaming X 8GB

RAM

channel 1 Corsair Vengence LPX  DDR4 2133MHz 2x4GB

channel 2 Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000MHz 2x4GB

Cooler

AMD Wraith Max RGB Cooler

Case

CiT Seven

Storage Internal Only.

SSD  Crucial BX500 120GB

HDD Segate ST2000L 2TB

Monitor/s         

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Acer XZ350CU 35" 21:9 Ultrawide

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Mouse

Logitech 203 Prodigy Wired

Keyboard

Logitech 213 Prodigy Wired

Shouldn't be an insane difference in performance, but 1650x1050 (1732500 pixels) is a decent bit smaller than 1920x1080 (2073600) 

That little bump might be messing with your cards VRAM buffer just enough to cause issues

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

On 4/9/2020 at 8:50 PM, handymanshandle said:

Because you haven’t gotten a proper response, have you tried to reinstall BO4? I can’t think of much but it’s never a bad idea to reinstall.

I have tried that as I thought since textures were taking a long time to load there may have been an issue with installation although that doesn't seem to have changed much.  Seems to be just a GPU issue which is a much more expensive fix than I was hoping for.

On 4/9/2020 at 8:58 PM, Damascus said:

Shouldn't be an insane difference in performance, but 1650x1050 (1732500 pixels) is a decent bit smaller than 1920x1080 (2073600) 

That little bump might be messing with your cards VRAM buffer just enough to cause issues

That's exactly what I thought, but I'd think that the texture streaming quality would have a much greater effect than that small bump in resolution.  For example, at 1080p with the texture resolutions turned down to the point I can't make out what an object is, it performs worse than 1050p with the texture quality set to around half or higher.  It just seems like such a weird limitation, but I guess it's 1050p for me for now.