What ram to get?

So currently I have 2 x 4gb of ram in my computer and I wanted to upgrade to 16gb. I was originally going to get 2 more 4gb sticks since my motherboard has 4 slots, but after looking back into my computer my CPU Fan which I had upgraded a little while back is over sized so I can only fit two slots of RAM. So, I was wondering if anyone knew what type of RAM i should get. I'm looking for 2x8gb DDR3. 

My MB: 970 Gaming Pro Carbon.

So currently I have 2 x 4gb of ram in my computer and I wanted to upgrade to 16gb. I was originally going to get 2 more 4gb sticks since my motherboard has 4 slots, but after looking back into my computer my CPU Fan which I had upgraded a little while back is over sized so I can only fit two slots of RAM. So, I was wondering if anyone knew what type of RAM i should get. I'm looking for 2x8gb DDR3.

My MB: 970 Gaming Pro Carbon.

-Moved to CPU's Motherboards and Memory-

If you need a post moved in the future, you can hit the report button and we'll get to it as soon as we can :)

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Patriot Vipers or Mushkin RedLine Ridgebacks at 933mhz or faster would be decent memory on DDR3.

-= Topics Merged =-

No need to create a second topic.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Do they come as 2x8gb rather than 2x4gb?

3 hours ago, ErikE said:

Do they come as 2x8gb rather than 2x4gb?

You can look around for what you need, those are only suggestions.

Look for memory that is 1866mhz and 9-10-9-27 timings and you'll have a decent kit.