Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hyperspaced

Corsair 500D SE standoff and screw holes won’t align with my Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi mobo

Posted · Original PosterOP

The preinstalled IO shield on my motherboard won’t properly fit into the cutout on my Corsair 500D SE case. I tried pressuring it a little and now my IO shield has a little thin crack as a result (nothing too bad, just fears me of continuing like that). Consequently, it won’t align properly with the standoff on the case used to make aligning a standard ATX motherboard as mine (Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi) easier; Max three of the 9 holes align up properly as well, and I can’t seem to get it into the right position. 
The metallic bumps on my IO shield also don’t align with the cutouts on my case, making matters worse.
Ive been using my PC after forcing it in since late 2018 like that now (3/9 screws used), yanked on top of a standoff pushing the bottom of my motherboard and now I’m reassembling the whole thing to finally do stuff as I should. However, I really don’t know what to do anymore. I appreciate any help. Here are some  pictures that illustrate the problem:

E49E9BC8-382F-4531-A731-EC057970853D.jpeg

14C29561-9379-46B4-BDE6-A1E138C7B6DA.jpeg

6E098DA7-EFBE-4BA3-AF51-57B86FEA50B1.jpeg

42F7E118-2A87-48B8-82FF-6860D91DA7F0.jpeg

Remove the motherboard and double check that the standoffs are actually in the positions for ATX.

Remove any standoff that's not matching the holes for the motherboard.

Place the motherboard over the standoffs and DO NOT SCREW any screw completely ... place screw twist screw partially, place screw on opposite side , screw partially, add screws... let the board align itself as you add screws.

Remove the panel on the other side, see that you don't have cables or stuff caught between panel and board or whatever

8 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Remove the motherboard and double check that the standoffs are actually in the positions for ATX.

Remove any standoff that's not matching the holes for the motherboard.

Place the motherboard over the standoffs and DO NOT SCREW any screw completely ... place screw twist screw partially, place screw on opposite side , screw partially, add screws... let the board align itself as you add screws.

Remove the panel on the other side, see that you don't have cables or stuff caught between panel and board or whatever

Standoff is in a A/M (ATX/micro ATX) marked hole.

3A7E2F29-2AF2-4BF3-92FB-E08EAA53FE35.jpeg

After a lot of wiggling and pressure it finally snapped into place; however now a few holes still remain unaligned. I’ll update y’all on the status once I’ve started screwing the rest in