Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
edward_

PC UPGRADE

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, this is my current PC:

i5-4570

GTX 760

8 GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz

Super Flower SF-500P12A(M), 500W

CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U9B SE2

I wanna buy:

i5 9400f

Asrock B365 Pro4

ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz AX4U266638G16-DBG

I have 3 questions:

1. Is my RAM compatible with the motherboard?

2. Is my CPU Cooler compatible with the MOBO? Or should I change it?

3. Is my PSU enough?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, edward_ said:

Hello, this is my current PC:

i5-4570

GTX 760

8 GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz

Super Flower SF-500P12A(M), 500W

CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U9B SE2

I wanna buy:

i5 9400f

Asrock B365 Pro4

ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz AX4U266638G16-DBG

I have 3 questions:

1. Is my RAM compatible with the motherboard?

2. Is my CPU Cooler compatible with the MOBO? Or should I change it?

3. Is my PSU enough?

LGA 1150 and 1151 use the same mounting holes, the cooler is fine.
The PSU should be fine, the system won't draw too much power.
Yes that RAM should work, but it's a bit slow but otherwise fine.
 what do you use the PC for? 


Yours faithfully

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would actually going for amd r5 3600, its around the same price but is alot better for most applications and games, it also comes with a cooler, but as I mentioned is a bit more expensive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, edward_ said:

Hello, this is my current PC:

i5-4570

GTX 760

8 GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz

Super Flower SF-500P12A(M), 500W

CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U9B SE2

I wanna buy:

i5 9400f

Asrock B365 Pro4

ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz AX4U266638G16-DBG

I have 3 questions:

1. Is my RAM compatible with the motherboard?

2. Is my CPU Cooler compatible with the MOBO? Or should I change it?

3. Is my PSU enough?

Here are some helpful links:

 

Memory compatibility with the motherboard --> https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B365 Pro4/index.asp#Memory

CPU Cooler compatibility --> https://noctua.at/en/products/discontinued-products/nh-u9b-se2/comp

 

You can also validate the CPU Cooler is compatible with the upgraded CPU as well on that same page.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

LGA 1150 and 1151 use the same mounting holes, the cooler is fine.
The PSU should be fine, the system won't draw too much power.
Yes that RAM should work, but it's a bit slow but otherwise fine.
 what do you use the PC for? 

Mostly for CS:GO

6 minutes ago, aphrim said:

I would actually going for amd r5 3600, its around the same price but is alot better for most applications and games, it also comes with a cooler, but as I mentioned is a bit more expensive. 

I wanted first to go for Ryzen 5 3600, B450 TOMAHAWK MAX and 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, but this will cost me with 50E more. It is worth?

4 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

Here are some helpful links:

 

Memory compatibility with the motherboard --> https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B365 Pro4/index.asp#Memory

CPU Cooler compatibility --> https://noctua.at/en/products/discontinued-products/nh-u9b-se2/comp

 

You can also validate the CPU Cooler is compatible with the upgraded CPU as well on that same page.

 

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, edward_ said:

Mostly for CS:GO

I wanted first to go for Ryzen 5 3600, B450 TOMAHAWK MAX and 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, but this will cost me with 50E more. It is worth?

Thanks.

For CS:GO both CPUs are pretty close, but the Ryzen system would be overclockable, but the 3600 probably won't gain a lot of single core performance from an OC. The GTX 760 is a bit old but for CS:GO it should be alright, it's mostly a CPU bound game, and at that mostly 1 core load. 


Yours faithfully

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

For CS:GO both CPUs are pretty close, but the Ryzen system would be overclockable, but the 3600 probably won't gain a lot of single core performance from an OC. The GTX 760 is a bit old but for CS:GO it should be alright, it's mostly a CPU bound game, and at that mostly 1 core load. 

In future i want to upgrade to a RTX 2060, but now i wanna change the CPU, MOBO and RAM.

Should I go for Ryzen 5 3600, ASRock B450 PRO4 and 16GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz 

or

i5 9400f

Asrock B365 Pro4

16GB RAM DDR4 2666MHz

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, aphrim said:

If 3600 is out of your price range r5 1600 AF is alot cheaper and almost as good.

I chose r5 3600 with ASRock B450 Pro 4.

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×