Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KnightLifeTv

CPU overclocking issue...

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a issue im having with my overclock on my cpu , its a i9 7900X , i followed Linus Overclocking guide, the video is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeITi8DrlTI   

But.. when I went to test with Prime 95 and Cinebench using my task manager to monitor Clock speed and Core Temp for temperatures, i am only getting 4.09ghz which is not too impressive, im not sure what to do, if something is limiting my clock speed or I have to chance a setting or what to change, i would really appreciate any help.

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, KnightLifeTv said:

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a issue im having with my overclock on my cpu , its a i9 7900X , i followed Linus Overclocking guide, the video is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeITi8DrlTI   

But.. when I went to test with Prime 95 and Cinebench using my task manager to monitor Clock speed and Core Temp for temperatures, i am only getting 4.09ghz which is not too impressive, im not sure what to do, if something is limiting my clock speed or I have to chance a setting or what to change, i would really appreciate any help.

Thank you. 

Nearly 11 minute video to find out what you wer talking about.  I watched about 15 sec. of it.  So you’re looking at a manufacturer sponsored overclocking guide where the manufacturer supplied the chips for the overclock, and the overclock that was managed was 4.5ghz.  About .4ghz less than what you got.  So a pro overclocker with many years of experience and hand selected by the manufacturer chips got more than you.  You might actually have an average overclock for a standard consumer chip.  Me I got a 4770k I’ve never been able to get more than 4.0ghz out of and have it remain stable.  This is very low for a 4770k, but not totally out of range.  That’s the thing about overclocking.  The manufacturer doesn’t guarantee anything above base clock.  It’s random.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Thinking of it like that I do see what you mean, I guess thats all im probably gonna get out of my cpu, thank you for your help. 

Regards.

4 minutes ago, KnightLifeTv said:

Thinking of it like that I do see what you mean, I guess thats all im probably gonna get out of my cpu, thank you for your help. 

Regards.

It might be anyway.  I think I’m just saying it might not be a useful example in your case.  There could be others.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.