Ryzen Mini itx build advice

Sorenson

Hi everyone. I just flipped my intel based mini itx build and now am planning on making a ryzen one in the NZXT H1. My primary uses are going to be gaming, excel, and illustrator. My budget is ~2k US and this is what I was thinking of going with:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor $300.00
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard $219.00
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory $179.00
Storage Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $199.00
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card $690.00
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $1587.00
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-04 11:44 EDT-0400  

the case will include the psu and cpu cooler. If you see any red flags let me know. Also, I haven’t used a gigabyte mobo since 2015. Are they any good this generation? Lastly, the prices all reflect what I can get the parts for from the online and local vendors I’ve found. 

I agree. If your main focus is gaming a 3600 would suffice and you can cut down your memory to 16GB and get a reasonably priced NVMe 3rd Gen SSD like the Crucial P1 - no advantage in gaming with the PCIe 4.0 SSD whatsoever.

If you want to stick with 8 cores, I'd still downgrade to the 3700X - unless you can get the 3800X for about the same price, otherwise it's not worth it imo.

also if I would build personaly I would go for a b450 mini itx cause the power delivery on them is just fine even for the 3800x and even more so for the 3600 or 3600x you will just have to check if they have updated bios to be compatable with the 3000 ryzen chips.

21 minutes ago, kappawarrior said:

also if I would build personaly I would go for a b450 mini itx cause the power delivery on them is just fine even for the 3800x and even more so for the 3600 or 3600x you will just have to check if they have updated bios to be compatable with the 3000 ryzen chips.

I was going to go with X570 because I wanted the Corsair mp600 which is PCIE 4.0. Also, the only mini itx b450 I could/would get would be the Asus B450-I which goes for like $160, which is ridiculous for a b450 board.