Asus rampage V x99 extreme motherboard USB ports not working

Hello

Today while i was playing a game my computer crashed and showed a bluescreen after that I disconnected everything and connected everything back and I restarded the pc.Everything worked perfectly but the USB ports.None of the USB ports are working and I can use my computer for anything. I contacted the guy I bought the pc from and he told me to update my drivers but I cant because my keyboard and mouse doesnt work, he also told me to buy a USB PCIe card. I dont know if that will work either. So if anyone has a solution pls tell me.

32 minutes ago, ali_alper said:

Hello

Today while i was playing a game my computer crashed and showed a bluescreen after that I disconnected everything and connected everything back and I restarded the pc.Everything worked perfectly but the USB ports.None of the USB ports are working and I can use my computer for anything. I contacted the guy I bought the pc from and he told me to update my drivers but I cant because my keyboard and mouse doesnt work, he also told me to buy a USB PCIe card. I dont know if that will work either. So if anyone has a solution pls tell me.

How long ago did you buy the machine?

The USB pcie card thing runs on the assumption that the USB controller hardware went I think.  Does it have a ps2 input?  If so can you find an old keyboard and mouse to use it with.  This might not work.  Ps2 might convert to usb and have the same issue.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

How long ago did you buy the machine?

The USB pcie card thing runs on the assumption that the USB controller hardware went I think.  Does it have a ps2 input?  If so can you find an old keyboard and mouse to use it with.  This might not work.  Ps2 might convert to usb and have the same issue.

The PC was bought about 2 months ago and has been working perfectly until now (including all the usb ports). Yes the motherboard does have ps2 ports but unfortunately I do not have a keyboard or a mouse with ps2.

8 minutes ago, ali_alper said:

The PC was bought about 2 months ago and has been working perfectly until now (including all the usb ports). Yes the motherboard does have ps2 ports but unfortunately I do not have a keyboard or a mouse with ps2.

With the USB system down it needs to be end run in one way or another.  Can you get into bios by spamming whatever key your mobo requires for that?  If you can it’s a windows thing.  It there stuff around to try booting off a USB key with a different OS?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

27 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

With the USB system down it needs to be end run in one way or another.  Can you get into bios by spamming whatever key your mobo requires for that?  If you can it’s a windows thing.  It there stuff around to try booting off a USB key with a different OS?

By using the BIOS flash feature on the motherboard, I can get into the BIOS (so keyboard input is impossible atm) and then the peripherals start working. But when I save changes and boot into windows they do not work anymore so I think you are right and it is a Windows issue.