Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 motherboard compatibility?

AdvancedKittyWarfer
Go to solution Solved by Mamonos,

Be Quiet! has a motherboard compatibility tool.

https://www.bequiet.com/en/motherboardcheck

According to the tool, your MB is compatible with the Dark Rock Pro 4.

Hello, Im considering throwing away my stock cooler (Wraith Prism or whatever its called) and upgrading to a be Quiet! Dark rock Pro 4 but I might have clearance issues, no not with ram or height but with the actual motherboard itself, I have an Asus Rog Strix x470-I gaming, a mITX mobo and usually in most cases the cooler probably fits on a mITX board without any issues but Asus sometimes goes overkill with their high end mITX boards and well in the attached picture you can see the mobo actually has a daughterboard and Im not sure if the Dark rock pro 4 will fit because of it. I can remove the m.2 heatsink that is on the daughterboard but not the daughterboard

b2409ec76bd83bca6ddbfe8a8defedbf.1600.jpg

You get a pretty good look at what the clearance would look like in this video:

It's tall enough to all the way over ram dimms, so it should have no issues with the daughterboard

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Should be fine. Per these dimensions, you'll need at least 40mm of clearance. Hope you've got a ruler handy. But the heat pipes flaring out from the bottom might get close. IMHO, I think you'll be ok.

FYI, it does support the ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac. But as you've probably realized, it doesn't have that daughterboard

16 hours ago, Mamonos said:

Be Quiet! has a motherboard compatibility tool.

https://www.bequiet.com/en/motherboardcheck

According to the tool, your MB is compatible with the Dark Rock Pro 4.

Yeah I found that yesterday too so I hope it fits, I also hope that the height of my ram is really 37mm because otherwise Im in trouble

2 hours ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

Yeah I found that yesterday too so I hope it fits, I also hope that the height of my ram is really 37mm because otherwise Im in trouble

We can't help on that unless you tell which Crucial RAM you have. Height without heatsink or very minimal heatsink is 35mm.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It should not be a problem. They are likely Ballistix modules. The new ones are all below 40mm while some old ones are taller but you can remove the top part of the heatsink to bring them down.

Run the Command Prompt as Administrator and type

wmic memorychip get partnumber

You will get part number for your RAM and we can hopefully check the height

On 4/6/2020 at 8:18 AM, Mamonos said:

It should not be a problem. They are likely Ballistix modules. The new ones are all below 40mm while some old ones are taller but you can remove the top part of the heatsink to bring them down.

Run the Command Prompt as Administrator and type

wmic memorychip get partnumber

You will get part number for your RAM and we can hopefully check the height

Yeah they're a few years old and Crucial has removed them entirely from their website so I have to go to review websites to find information about them. These are the ones I have, and they say 37mm so I just have to trust them on that. Edit at a closer look it says 38.6mm but that still under 40mm

On 4/5/2020 at 1:25 PM, LogicalDrm said:

We can't help on that unless you tell which Crucial RAM you have. Height without heatsink or very minimal heatsink is 35mm.

It's these ones, literally cant find them on Crucials website so

4 minutes ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

It's these ones, literally cant find them on Crucials website so

They will fit. You can even raise fan a bit if its tight.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv