Fans underneath gpu Lian Li TU150

xxx68

Hello, i have seen many builds in this case with bottom fans breathing into gpu. Do you think its a good idea ? Wouldnt it rather choke the gpu as its too close ? I really like this pc case and consider buying it. Thanks

Výstřižekxxx.JPG

Those fans are meant to intake air, so rather than choking, they will cool down your GPU.

If you're going with a 2.5 slot card or a 3 slot card even, maybe consider Noctua's NF-A12x15 low profile 120 mm fans.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 4:47 PM, Applefreak said:

Those fans are meant to intake air, so rather than choking, they will cool down your GPU.

If you're going with a 2.5 slot card or a 3 slot card even, maybe consider Noctua's NF-A12x15 low profile 120 mm fans.

I had the same case with 2 fans as intake at the bottom(3xitake,1xexhaust) and I think its better for gpu- and cpu-thermals, because the gpu doesnt cover the whole "fan-surface" and so the fans help circulating air. Two things to keep in mind: More fans equals more noice and maybe consider a dustfilter on the bottom.

But my question leans on @Applefreak 's answer: I have now a 2070S Strix in this case and obviously couldn't fit standard fans in the bottom. Are you sure that a NF-A12x15 would fit beneath a 2.7 strix card (inlouding graphicscard sag)? I don't care about noice and would rather put fans back at the bottom than undervolting my gpu. The problem is NOT gpu(sits at max 65 C) but rather CPU-thermals, while gaming. Maybe I need to add that I have a DarkRock4.
Is there anyone else with a simillar configuration?

5 hours ago, DoktorBear said:

The problem is NOT gpu(sits at max 65 C) but rather CPU-thermals, while gaming. Maybe I need to add that I have a DarkRock4.

Do you have a front fan in the 120mm slot at the front? 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Do you have a front fan in the 120mm slot at the front? 

Yes I do.

20200430_151853.jpg

1 minute ago, DoktorBear said:

Yes I do.

-snip-

Ah, it's clearly your Majoras mask figurr thats making the air hot /s

I'm not sure then, but I know you can use NF-A12x25's at the bottom with that card.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/PsHhP6

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Ah, it's clearly your Majoras mask figurr thats making the air hot /s

I'm not sure then, but I know you can use NF-A12x25's at the bottom with that card.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/PsHhP6

Perfect, that link was all I needed. (I'm sure you ment A12-15*).

The reason I couldnt find a build on pcpartpicker with this configuration was the fact that they treat the silver and black edition as 2 separat cases 🙄

(I'm sure you ment A12-15*).

Yeah that one. Sorry I got NF-A12x25 Chromax's on the brain because I WANT THEM NOCTUA!!!! >:( I KNOW YOU'RE LISTENING!!!

The reason I couldnt find a build on pcpartpicker with this configuration was the fact that they treat the silver and black edition as 2 separat cases 🙄

I open every version of that case and search their completed builds with that part. It takes a while sometimes, but this time I got lucky and got one on the first page of the first case color option. I'm sure I could have found 2 or 3 more if I had kept going 😂