MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE BUILD

Hi my son has a MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE mother board.

Looking to start a build for him, what would anyone recommend to build it up with to get the best gaming experience for him?

1 minute ago, gaffersr53 said:

Hi my son has a MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE mother board.

Looking to start a build for him, what would anyone recommend to build it up with to get the best gaming experience for him?

Hey there,

Where are you located? What's the budget you are working with? What monitor will he be using (resolution and refresh rate)? Any specific games or everything across the board?

That's a beefy motherboard, so other than your budget - you're not limited with the choice of components.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I live in the UK, no budget as if i am going to build one, going to build a good one. 

I have ordered him the case that is a MSI MPG SEKIRA 500G TEMPERED GLASS FULL TOWER CASE - BLACK from amazon. Hope that case is fine.

Thanks for the list, very helpful 

11 minutes ago, gaffersr53 said:

I live in the UK, no budget as if i am going to build one, going to build a good one. 

Well in that case I have not much to add to what @Fasauceome suggested above. I'd either go with a 3700X or 3900X - all or nothing ;) Maybe even consider a Gen 4 SSD, it's not going to increase performance in games, but you got the chipset for it already, so why not.

The MSI cases are not exactly known for their exceptional airflow. 

10 minutes ago, gaffersr53 said:

I have ordered him the case that is a MSI MPG SEKIRA 500G TEMPERED GLASS FULL TOWER CASE - BLACK from amazon. Hope that case is fine.

Thanks for the list, very helpful 

make sure you quote us so that we can see your responses.

Here's a revised list for your region and preselected parts:

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Do you need a Monitor, Mouse+Keyboard as well ?

21 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Hi with the memory and the storage just 2 x memory and 1 x storage of what you have put on your list would be enough?

Just now, lee32uk said:

Do you need a Monitor, Mouse+Keyboard as well ?

Yeah will, as the ones we have we have had years.

Hi with the memory and the storage just 2 x memory and 1 x storage of what you have put on your list would be enough?

double the memory I added? 32GB for a gaming PC is already quite excessive, I wouldn't recommend 64GB even with an unlimited budget.

Yeah will, as the ones we have we have had years.

with peripherals, and double storage:

Primary PC:

On 4/4/2020 at 3:38 PM, Fasauceome said:

Thanks for your help, most of the parts have arrived now, i ordered the CPU but by mistake i brought the AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU EIGHT CORE 4.5GHZ

Are these CPU as good as the one you listed? Or is it best to get it swapped?

Just now, gaffersr53 said:

Thanks for your help, most of the parts have arrived now, i ordered the CPU but by mistake i brought the AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU EIGHT CORE 4.5GHZ

Are these CPU as good as the one you listed? Or is it best to get it swapped?

The 3800X has 4 less cores, since this is a gaming PC you should hardly be concerned about that. The 3900X is really excessive so basically you saved money in a good way.

Primary PC:

Sorry back again one more thing i brought that was different was than your list.

Corsair MP510 1.9TB M.2-2280 NVMe PCIe SSD

Are these still good to run?

45 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The 3800X has 4 less cores, since this is a gaming PC you should hardly be concerned about that. The 3900X is really excessive so basically you saved money in a good way.

2 minutes ago, gaffersr53 said:

Sorry back again one more thing i brought that was different was than your list.

Adata SX8200 Pro 2TB is cheaper and better value.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/kQZzK8/adata-xpg-sx8200-pro-2-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-asx8200pnp-2tt-c

16 minutes ago, gaffersr53 said:

The MP 510 is great but I gotta say you're paying for some pretty premium, non gaming parts.

Primary PC: