What is difference in performance with PBO On and Off with a r7 3700x?

Can I use r7 3700x without enabling the PBO how much would the performance differ If PBO is turned Off.

You can, if you aren't constrained by cooling or power, you lose about 5-10%

11 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You can, if you aren't constrained by cooling or power, you lose about 5-10%

PBO Enabled would have less performanve gain than a stable 4.2 ghZ Overclock right?

1 minute ago, Hellfire_Helix said:

PBO Enabled would have less performanve gain than a stable 4.2 ghZ Overclock right?

No, PBO would be faster than a manual overclock. That's why we always recommend you leave PBO on and not overclock, because PBO is faster

PBO is dependent on your setup (cooling mainly), so we can't really tell you. You just have to benchmark before and after. That's the best way to know since everyone's silicon is different.

It also depends on the use case, so one couldn't really make a blanket statement.

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

No, PBO would be faster than a manual overclock. That's why we always recommend you leave PBO on and not overclock, because PBO is faster

I don't have a good VRM Mobo that's why I am scared of turning on the PBO.

Just now, Hellfire_Helix said:

I don't have a good VRM Mobo that's why I am scared of turning on the PBO.

Then you won't be able to overclock at all, why bother with asking? Besides, the board will limit the CPU if it can't supply more power but if you're extremely worried for no reason, leave it off

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Then you won't be able to overclock at all, why bother with asking? Besides, the board will limit the CPU if it can't supply more power but if you're extremely worried for no reason, leave it off

So In this case my CPU would run at stock clocks supplied out of the box. So would this count as a great loss?

Just turn on PBO.  If the CPU can find more performance than it will.  If it can't then you lose nothing and hurt nothing.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

I get far better performance on my 3900X with a 4.3OC than I do with PBO alone. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

7 minutes ago, KWelz said:

I get far better performance on my 3900X with a 4.3OC than I do with PBO alone. 

Guess it depends what you're doing.

Gaming pbo is probably a bit better but something that can leverage all your cores a manual oc might be more beneficial

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

Guess it depends what you're doing.

Gaming pbo is probably a bit better but something that can leverage all your cores a manual oc might be more beneficial

Overclocking or turning PBO On r7 3700x is useless according to this website

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/amd-precision-boost-overdrive-auto-overclocking

i've only second hand information regarding PBO - my 1600 is old first gen and my manual oc is basically mandatory to get non-poop performance

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, Hellfire_Helix said:

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/amd-precision-boost-overdrive-auto-overclocking

Check this.

It says that It's useless to enable PBO or manual oc on r7 3700x.

Any comments you wanna add on this?

Yes, don't read 3rd rate media outlets that look for clicks and nothing else. That's an uncontrolled test at best and a laughing stock at worst.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Yes, don't read 3rd rate media outlets that look for clicks and nothing else. That's an uncontrolled test at best and a laughing stock at worst.

Can you share few authentic benchmarks here, as I won't trust unless I see some real figures.

3 minutes ago, Hellfire_Helix said:

Can you share few authentic benchmarks here, as I won't trust unless I see some real figures.

I'm not a secretary. We're trying to help you - we have your interests in mind, not those of a random third rate site. Anyhow, leave it on, turn it off, do what you want. It doesn't affect us, only you.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

I'm not a secretary. We're trying to help you - we have your interests in mind, not those of a random third rate site. Anyhow, leave it on, turn it off, do what you want. It doesn't affect us, only you.

Dude why are you being adament?

I just said that there has to be a reason for you to acknowledge a difference of 5-10% between stock and oc'ed r7 3700x either you had tested it yourself or you would have referred to some benchmarking sites, I just want that source from where you said about that.