Green dots, lines and black screen sometimes

Hello,

I have a problem with my PC. Sometimes on turning on the pc via the power button results in a black screen and hdmi not detected message (i have tried using a different monitor or cable this is not the issue, the monitor and cable work perfectly with my laptop). If i restart again sometimes the system will post and it will work fine. On other occasions there will be green artifacts on the screen, sometimes concentrated in two vertical lines, and sometimes spread evenly all over the screen. In 90% of the cases once the system is turned on it will work without problems even in gaming/stress applications. Sometimes the screen will randomly freeze and show a black screen with hdmi not working. I have sent my graphics card to the local repair shop and the store cleric there after a few days said the graphics card is working fine and that the problem is likely in my motherboard. I have changed my motherboard with a brand new one but the problem persists.

So to summarize, the problem seems to disappear if i restart the pc via the power button and is usually only present when turning on my pc for the first time in the morning, once it is turned on, the problem almost never appears. Also if the system booted up correctly the first time, turning it off, waiting and turning it back on again will in result in power on without any problems. Secondly re-seating the graphics card seems to solve the problem temporarily, this is why I thought the problem was with the motherboard PCI-E connection.

20 hours ago, Benji said:

To be honest, that sounds like a defective graphics card. Artefacts are usually a sign of defective VRAM.

I think i found the reason, the psu seems to be malfunctioning, the whole case is under voltage.