Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Wills

Cases with gpu intake support

Posted · Original PosterOP

yuhdfgjd.PNG.67d3703484f1d5314c3e50db82369a6d.PNGOn the Corsair Crystal series they have fan support at the bottom of the case. Because I have a small GTX 970 my GPU temps can get toasty (I have new thermal paste and have replaced the fans), I am wondering if there are any other cases with this.

Sounds like you’re looking for side air?  It happens mostly on lower end cases.  Glass side panels make it impossible.  It doesn’t happen on acrylic side panel cases either but acrylic can be cut.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

image.png.57a539b3e98aec9226d8c3ae86ddea74.png

Place a intake fans in the pci slot.

That looks like an exhaust fan. The way the blades are gives it away. I'd like to see an intake version though.

More ventilation options are always a good thing though. I've never seen one of these before.

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 4/4/2020 at 12:37 PM, Applefreak said:

What case do you have at the moment?

Maybe try with aftermarket cooler like this one first.

I still want to have a low profile card

On 4/4/2020 at 11:35 AM, Demonic Donut said:

That looks like an exhaust fan. The way the blades are gives it away. I'd like to see an intake version though.

More ventilation options are always a good thing though. I've never seen one of these before.

If you can’t find an intake one, Take it apart and Turn the fan backwards, or outright replace it.  Those things are kinda famous for being cheaply made.  Notice that molex connector.  That design is not new.  One on either side of the card, one intake, one exhaust might even go well.  Thy an also be done with a fan, cardboard, and duct tape.  The most valuable bit imho is the connector grill.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.