Question Monitor goes black, GPU fan speed goes to 100%

jainamss
Hi Guys, I was doing some internet surfing on my gaming pc when my monitor suddenly turned black and GPU fan speed jumped to 100% and sounded like a jet engine. This is a fairly new gaming pc built about 8 months ago and all the temps were normal. Does anyone have any solutions to this issue?

Specs:
GTX 1070 Ti
i5- 9400F
16GB RAM

Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, HavocYTOfficial said:

What motherboard are you using?

i will have to check the name exactly, but i think its a asus b450m-a prime

Oh, then it's better getting help from ASUS rather than people down here in the forums. Call the customer support and ask for a solution.

Just now, HavocYTOfficial said:

Oh, then it's better getting help from ASUS rather than people down here in the forums. Call the customer support and ask for a solution.

its a motherboard issue?

Yes it is a motherboard issue. The BIOS might be screwed. Don't do overclocking in that board too much.

Yes it is a motherboard issue. The BIOS might be screwed. Don't do overclocking in that board too much.

i havent touched this bios, all ive done is turn my ram frequency up because its rated at 2666mhz but for some reason it was running at 1000-something. Thanks for the info, its just that all companies are closed till monday so i was trying to see if i could find something before that.

Ok. Don't use the computer much. Don't do any high load stuff until you get in touch with ASUS. Just drop an e-mail to them.

3 minutes ago, HavocYTOfficial said:

Ok. Don't use the computer much. Don't do any high load stuff until you get in touch with ASUS. Just drop an e-mail to them.

alright thanks

6 minutes ago, HavocYTOfficial said:

do you think i should try updating bios? I haven't done it since i got the pc

Just now, jainamss said:

do you think i should try updating bios? I haven't done it since i got the pc

First, stop listening to that guy. It's not a board issue. Secondly, DDU the GPU drivers and check the power supply

What?!! That is the problem. Just update it and then try, if the problem still persists, then contact ASUS. BIOS updates need to be done spontaneously. Otherwise you'll get more fatal errors like your whole storage drives going down.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

First, stop listening to that guy. It's not a board issue. Secondly, DDU the GPU drivers and check the power supply

how do i 'check the power supply' i removed all the wires going to my mobo and reinstalled them, im not sure what else to do with the psu

2 minutes ago, jainamss said:

how do i 'check the power supply' i removed all the wires going to my mobo and reinstalled them, im not sure what else to do with the psu

You have to test with a different one

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You have to test with a different one

oh, well i dont have another one, but might take it to the place i got my pc from

10 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

im trying to do a ddu but the problem is happening so fast that i cant download the files and run them fast enough

2 minutes ago, jainamss said:

im trying to do a ddu but the problem is happening so fast that i cant download the files and run them fast enough

im also wondering if while im doing the ddu or install the drivers if the monitor goes black i would have to shut down the pc not knowing if the installation is done and thats going to make the problem worse.

18 minutes ago, HavocYTOfficial said:

What?!! That is the problem. Just update it and then try, if the problem still persists, then contact ASUS. BIOS updates need to be done spontaneously. Otherwise you'll get more fatal errors like your whole storage drives going down.

the last bios update on the asus website is from october 2019, i think ive already done it back then

Do it now bro. Get it from the asus website and see a tutorial on how to update bios. it is best to avoid any future problem also.

Do it now bro. Get it from the asus website and see a tutorial on how to update bios. it is best to avoid any future problem also.

i did do it, flash utility opened the cap file and it said success and now when i try to boot the pc the pc turns on but the monitor doesnt show a display the light on the monitor turns orange instead of yellow. im not sure if its because of the bios but idk what happened.