Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phantom_35

ryzen 5 2600x with GTX 980ti or RX 590

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I know the gtx 980ti is a more powerful card, but which would be better for the ryzen 5. I checked some calculators online and they say if I choose the rx 590 I'm not fully utilising my cpu, but the 590 is newer and a fair bit cheaper. Is this true and which should I buy?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, sillydolphin1 said:

980ti is around 1/4 better then the rx 590 so go with the 980ti or save up for something better.

would something better be the gtx 1070 (regular or ti)

 

(Im new to this)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't 1660 or 1660S options? How much they(980ti, 590, 1660(Super), 1070) cost?

32 minutes ago, sillydolphin1 said:

980ti is around 1/4 better then the rx 590 so go with the 980ti or save up for something better.

It is closer to 10~15% than 25%, and in titles that use DX12 or Vulkan the difference is even smaller.

 

35 minutes ago, Phantom_35 said:

I checked some calculators online and they say if I choose the rx 590 I'm not fully utilising my cpu, but the 590 is newer and a fair bit cheaper. Is this true and which should I buy?

No it isn't. Also you should be held back by the GPU, but there is no way to say if it's going to happen without knowing exact resolution, game, settings, and other factors that might affect the usage of the components so those calculators aren't something you should use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Phantom_35 said:

I know the gtx 980ti is a more powerful card, but which would be better for the ryzen 5. I checked some calculators online and they say if I choose the rx 590 I'm not fully utilising my cpu, but the 590 is newer and a fair bit cheaper. Is this true and which should I buy?

Look at a 5600 XT or 2060 if possible

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Look at a 5600 XT or 2060 if possible

If the 2060 is a option than might as well go for the 5700 over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×