Help me improve CPU temperatures/Help me select a cooler for i9 9900k

Smestn

Hi, i have noticed that my i9 9900k has gotten high to extreme temps in my small case (bitfenix prodigy m.)

I have an NZXT m22 120mm AIO mounted in the rear of the case as exhaust.

I have two 120mm exhaustfans in the top, right above my graphics card. (in the prodigy the motherboard is mounted upside down, so the graphics card is above my cpu. )

I would really like to keep the 120mm AIO form factor, because i am thinking of getting the In Win A1 in a couple months, and that one does not support 240mm AIOs.

Any opinions and tips are appreciated.

Temps:

Idle: 41 degrees celsius

Mediocre games (LoL, Overwatch): 60-68 Degrees

Demanding games (BF5, M&B2 Bannerlord) : 70-85 degrees (sometimes it rises to 95 when under 100% load.)

If i take any stresstests the temperature keeps rising and the cooler cant keep up.

Specs:

Intel Core i9 9900k

32gb ram 3200mhz

Nvidia geforce Gtx 1070 8GB

120gb SSD and 2TB HDD

Z390 l AORUS PRO WIFI mitx motherboard

Either you need to get a 240 AIO or get a good aircooler. a 120 is not going to be able to keep up with the 9900k.

Which means you'll need to get a different case

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

Either you need to get a 240 AIO or get a good aircooler. a 120 is not going to be able to keep up with the 9900k.

Which means you'll need to get a different case

I was looking for 120mm also and Arika is right you need at least a 240mm aio.

Use top intake so your gpu fans dont fight for the air with top fans. Could also look into putting that aio to roof intake so you get fresh air for it.

5 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Use top intake so your gpu fans dont fight for the air with top fans. Could also look into putting that aio to roof intake so you get fresh air for it.

I completely forgot that it seemed like too much exhaust. You always want a little bit of positive pressure.

1 minute ago, sillydolphin1 said:

I completely forgot that it seemed like too much exhaust. You always want a little bit of positive pressure.

How about turning around my top fans/turning around my AIO radiator so the pressure might improve?

Just now, Smestn said:

How about turning around my top fans/turning around my AIO radiator so the pressure might improve?

Just the top fans should do also what I said before you might need a 240mm radiator so is there any reason you need your case small?

1 minute ago, sillydolphin1 said:

Just the top fans should do also what I said before you might need a 240mm radiator so is there any reason you need your case small?

I just love small builds. I am travelling now and then and i bought my m-itx motherboard with that in mind. I have seen that there are multiple small cases that supports 240mm rads, so i should probably go for those i guess... In Win A1 is cool but it doesnt support 240mm sadly.

Just now, Smestn said:

I just love small builds. I am travelling now and then and i bought my m-itx motherboard with that in mind. I have seen that there are multiple small cases that supports 240mm rads, so i should probably go for those i guess... In Win A1 is cool but it doesnt support 240mm sadly.

Okay awesome just get a case with 240mm radiator support and an equal amount of airflow in and out possibly a little more in. Either get the kraken x52 which will probably get you around 40-50c temps or evga clc 240 which will get around 30-40c

Just now, sillydolphin1 said:

Okay awesome just get a case with 240mm radiator support and an equal amount of airflow in and out possibly a little more in. Either get the kraken x52 which will probably get you around 40-50c temps or evga clc 240 which will get around 30-40c

Thanks a lot ^_^

11 minutes ago, Smestn said:

Thanks a lot ^_^

No problem hope your pc is awesome

The Kraken M22 isn't a great performer and there are thicker and better 120mm AIO's if you want to stick with that form factor. 

Where are you shopping / located? Budget? What ram are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.