Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Psittac

Send a playlist

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have no clue what section to put this in

I have a blind friend and one of the few thing's that we can do together is sit in my living room and rock out to some klipsch goodness powered by denon.  Given the current climate I can't put on some sub focus and shake the walls for him but I can put together a curated list of music at about 30 minutes.  He has some decent headphones that I got him, nooby audiophile so I wanted to send him some newly acquired flac's in a specific order (I always get a kick out of scrolling through my library and picking just the right track for him).

So my wandering point, what's the best way to send him a playlist with the files included? (I believe in sharing music in a close circle when it's been payed for)

*edit: I think I have a plex related solution but I think he has a hard time accessing plex, looking for other options

You could put the files in a google drive folder and share it with him

Main System: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G, 2x8GB Kingston Valueram @ 2666Mhz, Sapphire Radeon R9 290X, Gigabyte A320M-S2H, Kingston 120Gb M.2 SSD, WD Blue 2.5 Inch 1tb HDD, Cooler Master MWE450, Aerocool CS-100, Dell P2210 1680x1050 60Hz, E-Blue Memcanical "RGB" Keyboard, Logitech MX Anywhere 2S | Laptop: HP ProBook X360 G1 EE: Pentium N4200 @ 1.1Ghz, 4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz 128Gb SSD Linux + Windows Dual Boot | FREENAS/Minecraft Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010: Celeron G1610 @ 2.6Ghz 8GB DDR3 Ram, 500GB Single HDD | Mothballed Optiplex: Celeron G1820, 0Gb Ram, 250Gb HDD

Just now, NZgamer said:

You could put the files in a google drive folder and share it with him

ok, how would I make the play list so they're in the right order? I could just rename them all 1 2 3 4............ I guess I need to know what program he uses.........

Just now, Psittac said:

ok, how would I make the play list so they're in the right order? I could just rename them all 1 2 3 4............ I guess I need to know what program he uses.........

I guess that could work, especially with a bulk renaming tool like this one: https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

Main System: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G, 2x8GB Kingston Valueram @ 2666Mhz, Sapphire Radeon R9 290X, Gigabyte A320M-S2H, Kingston 120Gb M.2 SSD, WD Blue 2.5 Inch 1tb HDD, Cooler Master MWE450, Aerocool CS-100, Dell P2210 1680x1050 60Hz, E-Blue Memcanical "RGB" Keyboard, Logitech MX Anywhere 2S | Laptop: HP ProBook X360 G1 EE: Pentium N4200 @ 1.1Ghz, 4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz 128Gb SSD Linux + Windows Dual Boot | FREENAS/Minecraft Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010: Celeron G1610 @ 2.6Ghz 8GB DDR3 Ram, 500GB Single HDD | Mothballed Optiplex: Celeron G1820, 0Gb Ram, 250Gb HDD

Just now, NZgamer said:

I guess that could work, especially with a bulk renaming tool like this one: https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

ok thank you, it's only 7 song's so I'll do it manual........  Just a challenge to figure out how he uses a computer.  He doesn't even have a mouse or a monitor so when I'm over I can't see how he interact's.  When I do have his TV hooked up the screen reader does it all minimized........

Ah shit, I can't share playlist's on plex that I'm aware of

.-> Moved to Software, Apps and Websites

If you want playlist that is independent from media player, you can save as .m3u. It loads files listed there in order. And by order I mean order they were in when list was created. Its using file names, so one way to keep things following the order is to rename files having same order. Maybe even creating your own Album by them and then using track numbers to keep order.

So beyond order. I use this to have playlist to test different audio sources and outputs. Its folder which contains both files and playlist. By default saving playlist (I use Foobar2k) the file path is absolute. But it you remove file path and leave just file names with playlist file in same folder as the files (you could leave *\<subfolder> too), the players are smart enough to look at folder from where playlist is loaded for the files it comes with. You can use any text editor (my preferred is Notepad++) to edit playlist file and remove file paths.

This has worked for me from Foobar to Poweramp to VLC.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv