older chipset motherbords and zen2

Probably all over this site but looking at upgrading to a ryzen 7 3700x from my i7 4790k and looking at motherboards is there any major issues with some chipsets that i need to look out for/ what are the best ones to look at.

3 minutes ago, Dizzl99 said:

is there any major issues with some chipsets that i need to look out for

B450 motherboards that are guaranteed to work with third gen ryzen are all MSI motherboards with MAX in the name. The ASRock B450M/AC is also guaranteed compatible. Otherwise, all X570 motherboards are guaranteed compatible.

What kind of budget did you have for the CPU, mobo, and ram?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

What kind of budget did you have for the CPU, mobo, and ram?

budget is kinda flexable but £750 or less would be nice 

2 minutes ago, Dizzl99 said:

budget is kinda flexable but £750 or less would be nice 

That gives you quite a lot of room. Do you plan on upgrading past an 8 core for non-gaming workloads? If not:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor £270.00 @ Currys PC World
Motherboard Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard £170.00 @ Currys PC World
Memory ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D60G 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory £102.97 @ More Computers
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total £542.97
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-04 02:33 BST+0100  

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Do you plan on upgrading past an 8 core for non-gaming workloads?

I do quite a lot of multitasking quite a fer chrome tabs and discord plus game and things like that sometimes depending on the game me or one of my friends hosts a server which can be a bit tasking but thats not common so not a big issue for me. 

Just now, Dizzl99 said:

I do quite a lot of multitasking quite a fer chrome tabs and discord plus game and things like that sometimes depending on the game me or one of my friends hosts a server which can be a bit tasking but thats not common so not a big issue for me. 

All of those things will go quote smoothly on a 3700X, no need for 12 or 16 cores.

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

All of those things will go quote smoothly on a 3700X, no need for 12 or 16 cores.

thanks dudeyou have big help and saved me lots of time trawling around looking at sites and yt vids explaning all this to me.