Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hayden McLaren

New Mini PC build

Posted · Original PosterOP

Took some inspiration to one of the latest LTT videos with the NZXT H1 

I've just thrown together a PC and would like to share with everyone before I pull the trigger and make a mistake! 

Case - NZXT H1 

CPU - Intel Core i7 - 9700k 

Motherboard - ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 

GPU - ASUS ROG Strix Geforce RTX 2080

Would like to know if this is all compatible and/or other suggestions to make it cheaper? 

Thanks! 

If you save money with Ryzen, you can probably afford a 2080 super

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Hayden McLaren said:

Took some inspiration to one of the latest LTT videos with the NZXT H1 

I've just thrown together a PC and would like to share with everyone before I pull the trigger and make a mistake! 

Case - NZXT H1 

CPU - Intel Core i7 - 9700k 

Motherboard - ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 

GPU - ASUS ROG Strix Geforce RTX 2080

Would like to know if this is all compatible and/or other suggestions to make it cheaper? 

Thanks! 

What’re you wanting to use the PC for specifically? Gaming, content creation, video stuff/audio stuff for work? Awesome stuff so far though 😍

4 minutes ago, tdiddy said:

What’re you wanting to use the PC for specifically? Gaming, content creation, video stuff/audio stuff for work? Awesome stuff so far though 😍

It'll be the Gaming PC, I'll be using my current PC as a streaming/recording PC.

I agree with @Fasauceome, go for Ryzen. Better value.

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD / Cooler Master MWE450 / Aerocool CS-100 / Dell P2210 1680x1050 @ 70Hz (OC)

38 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

If you save money with Ryzen, you can probably afford a 2080 super

Whats the equivalent Ryzen to the I7 9700K? Dont know a lot about AMD.  

42 minutes ago, Hayden McLaren said:

Whats the equivalent Ryzen to the I7 9700K? Dont know a lot about AMD.  

The Ryzen 5 3600 is a strong contender, with a 6/12 configuration like the 8700K.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Done a bit of digging, this is what ive come up with. Thoughts?

Case - NZXT H1

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming

CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 

RAM - Corsair Vengance LPX 16gb 

GPU - ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super

All up its an extra $250NZD ($150USD) from previous system but I can deal with that.