No display on monitor

BenO

Just build a pc and went to turn it on but no display  

IMG_2025.thumb.jpg.3d09b824788eff0e5a2317a0285a1833.jpgIMG_2026.thumb.jpg.eb1140d4b86fdb4fc9d9706118d0812c.jpg

Edited by BenO

would love to have a spec list, hopefully from pcpartpicker.com

your choice of screenshots to include is...interesting

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

would love to have a spec list, hopefully from pcpartpicker.com

your choice of screenshots to include is...interesting

My mistake accidently print screened. The build is 

5 minutes ago, BenO said:

My mistake accidently print screened. The build is 

no compatibility problems, but your ram looks to be in the wrong slots judging by the picture you attached.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

21 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

no compatibility problems, but your ram looks to be in the wrong slots judging by the picture you attached.

Do you know which slot the ram is meant to be in, if possible could you circle it.

1 minute ago, BenO said:

Do you know which slot the ram is meant to be in, if possible could you circle it.

edited, misunderstood.

Your ram should be as far from the CPU as possible.

Primary PC:

Ive just tried placing the ram in different slots and still no display, do you have any other idea of what it may be?

23 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

edited, misunderstood.

Your ram should be as far from the CPU as possible.

yeah still nothing unfortunately 

1 minute ago, BenO said:

yeah still nothing unfortunately 

You're not using one of the video ports from your motherboard are you?

Primary PC:

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

You're not using one of the video ports from your motherboard are you?

no, im using it through the gpu

4 minutes ago, BenO said:

no, im using it through the gpu

ok, but from the first picture you shared it looks quite a lot like there is only a cable going to the motherboard, and not the GPU

Primary PC:

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

ok, but from the first picture you shared it looks quite a lot like there is only a cable going to the motherboard, and not the GPU

actually it was in the motherboard but i have just tried in the gpu and still nothing.

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Ive just checked the lights on the motherboard the cpu light comes on briefly then goes off, then the Vram lights goes on then turns off and then the boot light comes on and stays on ive tried changing my sdd and used a hdd to see if that would fix the issue but still nothing, any clue on what i should do from here?

21 minutes ago, BenO said:

Ive just checked the lights on the motherboard the cpu light comes on briefly then goes off, then the Vram lights goes on then turns off and then the boot light comes on and stays on ive tried changing my sdd and used a hdd to see if that would fix the issue but still nothing, any clue on what i should do from here?

it's hard to say, but worth borrowing a friend's ram to test if that's the holdup.

Primary PC: