Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizzy069

my seagate 1tb external hdd works fine on other pc but not on my pc

Posted · Original PosterOP

My external hdd works fine on my laptop but in desktop it makes a beeping sound every minute and it doesnt show up on my computer.

Is it a power issue need help

Possible issue with the desktop supplying power? Though, to be safe, I would back off the data and get a new drive. 

Be sure to @Pickles - Lord of the Jar if you want me to see your reply!
For years I have lived in these crystal lands. My people were once plentiful. Many of those in my fiefdom revered me. However, one day a calamity hit. The fingers of the devil plucked us from our land, never to return. Now I am the sole heir to the throne. I am Pickles, Lord of the Brine, One of the Jar, Man of Preserves and Last of the Condiments. 

"Everyone is an expert in something. Never approach an interaction thinking someone is otherwise. Knowledge is acquired not earned. Always be humble and wise. Never look down on others for simply being ignorant within your realm of your expertise." ~ Unknown

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1070 Hybrid (2100c/2241m) | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD | 4TB HDD 

On 4/3/2020 at 12:12 PM, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Possible issue with the desktop supplying power? Though, to be safe, I would back off the data and get a new drive. 

So how do i fix the Desktop Supply power?

6 hours ago, Rizzy069 said:

So how do i fix the Desktop Supply power?

It was a guess. Not sure if that si even the issue. But if it works in one machine and not another, it could be an issue with the drive ro an issue with the machine. The least common denominator here is the drive, thus the easiest thing to do (and cheapest) is to replace the drive. 

Have you tried other USB ports on the desktop?

Be sure to @Pickles - Lord of the Jar if you want me to see your reply!
For years I have lived in these crystal lands. My people were once plentiful. Many of those in my fiefdom revered me. However, one day a calamity hit. The fingers of the devil plucked us from our land, never to return. Now I am the sole heir to the throne. I am Pickles, Lord of the Brine, One of the Jar, Man of Preserves and Last of the Condiments. 

"Everyone is an expert in something. Never approach an interaction thinking someone is otherwise. Knowledge is acquired not earned. Always be humble and wise. Never look down on others for simply being ignorant within your realm of your expertise." ~ Unknown

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1070 Hybrid (2100c/2241m) | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD | 4TB HDD 

Yes i have tried other usb ports and the External HHD is working fine on other pcs just not in my main Desktop