Potential PSU issues?

My old graphics card (HD 7870XT) had been going strong for 7 years but no longer displayed so I bought a RX 580. It worked for about 20 minutes in game (albeit very choppy) and then the screen artifacted and went blank. It won't display on boot like the old GPU. 

When I remove a dedicated card and use the integrated graphics it boots. If I connect the RX 580 and force IGPU on the bios, it boots. If I connect the 7870 XT and use the IGPU it gets stuck on a bootloop.

Does this suggest that the PSU can't provide enough power? The 7870XT fans are running on boot even when stuck on bootloop were as the RX580 fans are idle when booted with the IGPU. The PSU is an XFX 850w bronze rated PSU but it is 7 years old. 

3 minutes ago, BadTimetoFail said:

The PSU is an XFX 850w bronze rated PSU but it is 7 years old. 

it could be dead due to age. Would you be able to test with a friend's PSU?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I have a RM550X arriving Sunday to check the PSU, but is there a chance it could be an issue with a PCI-E lane? I have tried both lanes on the motherboard and both have the same issue. 

So I've tried a new PSU and there's no display with a dedicated GPU. I've updated the bios and forced dedicated GPU in the bios as well.

The RX 580 fans don't spin on boot at all so does this suggest the PCI-E slot is faulty? 

The 7870xt fans do spin on boot however it has two 6 pin connectors were as the RX580 only has one 8 pin. Does this suggest the PCI-E slot isn't providing enough power?