Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bombastinator

Seeing 2 identical copies of iPhone Minecraft in the app store

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

There are two different but seemingly identical versions of Minecraft in the iPhone store.  What’s the deal there?


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There are two different but seemingly identical versions of Minecraft in the iPhone store.  What’s the deal there?

Its maybe a glitch or its maybe the demo version that's back or its just the Apple TV one and the iPhone/iPad one


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Its maybe a glitch or its maybe the demo version that's back or its just the Apple TV one and the iPhone/iPad one

Bought the top one.  It wants me to sign in with a Microsoft account.  Went back to the App Store and the second one lists as already bought.  The whole thing is weird though.  The App Store people should be informed.  I couldn’t figure out how to do that.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Bought the top one.  It wants me to sign in with a Microsoft account.  Went back to the App Store and the second one lists as already bought.  The whole thing is weird though.  The App Store people should be informed.  I couldn’t figure out how to do that.

Oh, it is the Microsoft account it's not needed but if you wanna play online multiplayer or earn achievements on Xbox live you have to connect but it's not a must


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Oh, it is the Microsoft account it's not needed but if you wanna play online multiplayer or earn achievements on Xbox live you have to connect but it's not a must

I wanna play on the LTT server and go to church with it.  They are both apparently servers


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I wanna play on the LTT server and go to church with it.  They are both apparently servers

Just want to clarify the version on the switch/Xbox one/ps4/mobile is bedrock edition and the LTT Minecraft server is made for the Minecraft Java edition the one you buy here for pc. That's if they haven't made a server for bedrock


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
37 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Just want to clarify the version on the switch/Xbox one/ps4/mobile is bedrock edition and the LTT Minecraft server is made for the Minecraft Java edition the one you buy here for pc. That's if they haven't made a server for bedrock

I was attempting to logon with the iPhone Minecraft.  You are saying I need to get the java version for PC?


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bombastinator said:

I was attempting to logon with the iPhone Minecraft.  You are saying I need to get the java version for PC?

yes thats what im saying


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Kanna said:

yes thats what im saying

Okies.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Okies.

anything more?

 


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, Kanna said:

anything more?

 

Probably.  I’ve got to go get the thing, figure out which version of Java I need. Load it, make it work, attempt to load Minecraft on it,make IT work.  I foresee some sort of problem being more or less unavoidable in a chain that long.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, Kanna said:

anything more?

 

Heh.  Here’s one: is this something I should be downloading off steam or finding somewhere?


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Heh.  Here’s one: is this something I should be downloading off steam or finding somewhere?

Nah! Just buy it from the site I linked

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Probably.  I’ve got to go get the thing, figure out which version of Java I need. Load it, make it work, attempt to load Minecraft on it,make IT work.  I foresee some sort of problem being more or less unavoidable in a chain that long.

just get the latest version of Java from here and when u have the Minecraft launcher u can either watch YouTube how to get 1.12.2 or ask me or something else


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Bought it off Mojang.  $26.99!  That’s a heckuvalot for a Java game with graphics out of 1988. Hit play, as I couldn’t find any way to load a server.  It’s downloading a gigantic file atm


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Bought it off Mojang.  $26.99!  That’s a heckuvalot for a Java game with graphics out of 1988. Hit play, as I couldn’t find any way to load a server.  It’s downloading a gigantic file atm

I could gladly help you via discord screen share just notify when u have time and well see


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
22 minutes ago, Kanna said:

 

Nah! Just buy it from the site I linked

just get the latest version of Java from here and when u have the Minecraft launcher u can either watch YouTube how to get 1.12.2 or ask me or something else

 

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Bought it off Mojang.  $26.99!  That’s a heckuvalot for a Java game with graphics out of 1988. Hit play, as I couldn’t find any way to load a server.  It’s downloading a gigantic file atm

Ok.  I’ve apparently loaded 1.15.2 which is the wrong one?  I’m also still not seeing a way to join a server


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bombastinator said:

 

Ok.  I’ve apparently loaded 1.15.2 which is the wrong one?  I’m also still not seeing a way to join a server

If u leave your discord on your profile I can add u and I can help u there in about 30min is that OK?


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I could gladly help you via discord screen share just notify when u have time and well see

I’ve got discord on my iPhone but not my PC.  Had problems making the discord for LTT work.  It worked for like half an hour a week ago.  The last message I got was a statement that the server was being shutdown.  It may have been an April fools prank except it wasn’t posted apr 1. There’s some verification code but things break because discord auto defaults to safari and there’s a compatibility issue so everything breaks


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’ve got discord on my iPhone but not my PC.  Had problems making the discord for LTT work.  It worked for like half an hour a week ago.  The last message I got was a statement that the server was being shutdown.  It may have been an April fools prank except it wasn’t posted apr 1

well discord is still working and you don't have to download it on pc it works in browser and u only need to look at my instructions on the screen


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

If u leave your discord on your profile I can add u and I can help u there in about 30min is that OK?

I think what I gotta do, since apparently I can’t use this on my iPhone at all, is to get discord working on my PC


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I think what I gotta do, since apparently I can’t use this on my iPhone at all, is to get discord working on my PC

sounds great just tell me if u get it working


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Found it.  There’s a statement that the discord server address changed.  I click it and there is an “accept invite” button.  I click that and I get the message

”safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid”


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bombastinator said:

Found it.  There’s a statement that the discord server address changed.  I click it and there is an “accept invite” button.  I click that and I get the message

”safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid”

go to https://discordapp.com/channels/@me and sign in then its fixed


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, Kanna said:

sounds great just tell me if u get it working

Got discord going, I think.  Seems to be the right account.  There are two LTT discord channels.  One has the server being shut down message, and the other appears to be newer, having messages as late as March 30th.  There is a series of names along one side


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Got discord going, I think.  Seems to be the right account.  There are two LTT discord channels.  One has the server being shut down message, and the other appears to be newer, having messages as late as March 30th.  There is a series of names along one side

can u give me your discord username and tag?


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×