Seeing 2 identical copies of iPhone Minecraft in the app store

Bombastinator

There are two different but seemingly identical versions of Minecraft in the iPhone store.  What’s the deal there?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

19 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There are two different but seemingly identical versions of Minecraft in the iPhone store.  What’s the deal there?

Its maybe a glitch or its maybe the demo version that's back or its just the Apple TV one and the iPhone/iPad one

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

5 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Its maybe a glitch or its maybe the demo version that's back or its just the Apple TV one and the iPhone/iPad one

Bought the top one.  It wants me to sign in with a Microsoft account.  Went back to the App Store and the second one lists as already bought.  The whole thing is weird though.  The App Store people should be informed.  I couldn’t figure out how to do that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Bought the top one.  It wants me to sign in with a Microsoft account.  Went back to the App Store and the second one lists as already bought.  The whole thing is weird though.  The App Store people should be informed.  I couldn’t figure out how to do that.

Oh, it is the Microsoft account it's not needed but if you wanna play online multiplayer or earn achievements on Xbox live you have to connect but it's not a must

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Oh, it is the Microsoft account it's not needed but if you wanna play online multiplayer or earn achievements on Xbox live you have to connect but it's not a must

I wanna play on the LTT server and go to church with it.  They are both apparently servers

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I wanna play on the LTT server and go to church with it.  They are both apparently servers

Just want to clarify the version on the switch/Xbox one/ps4/mobile is bedrock edition and the LTT Minecraft server is made for the Minecraft Java edition the one you buy here for pc. That's if they haven't made a server for bedrock

Reminder⚠️

37 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Just want to clarify the version on the switch/Xbox one/ps4/mobile is bedrock edition and the LTT Minecraft server is made for the Minecraft Java edition the one you buy here for pc. That's if they haven't made a server for bedrock

I was attempting to logon with the iPhone Minecraft.  You are saying I need to get the java version for PC?

Just now, Bombastinator said:

I was attempting to logon with the iPhone Minecraft.  You are saying I need to get the java version for PC?

yes thats what im saying

Reminder⚠️

9 minutes ago, Kanna said:

yes thats what im saying

Okies.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Okies.

anything more?

Reminder⚠️

12 minutes ago, Kanna said:

anything more?

Probably.  I’ve got to go get the thing, figure out which version of Java I need. Load it, make it work, attempt to load Minecraft on it,make IT work.  I foresee some sort of problem being more or less unavoidable in a chain that long.

15 minutes ago, Kanna said:

anything more?

Heh.  Here’s one: is this something I should be downloading off steam or finding somewhere?

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Heh.  Here’s one: is this something I should be downloading off steam or finding somewhere?

Nah! Just buy it from the site I linked

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Probably.  I’ve got to go get the thing, figure out which version of Java I need. Load it, make it work, attempt to load Minecraft on it,make IT work.  I foresee some sort of problem being more or less unavoidable in a chain that long.

just get the latest version of Java from here and when u have the Minecraft launcher u can either watch YouTube how to get 1.12.2 or ask me or something else

Reminder⚠️

Bought it off Mojang.  $26.99!  That’s a heckuvalot for a Java game with graphics out of 1988. Hit play, as I couldn’t find any way to load a server.  It’s downloading a gigantic file atm

Bought it off Mojang.  $26.99!  That’s a heckuvalot for a Java game with graphics out of 1988. Hit play, as I couldn’t find any way to load a server.  It’s downloading a gigantic file atm

I could gladly help you via discord screen share just notify when u have time and well see

Reminder⚠️

22 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Nah! Just buy it from the site I linked

just get the latest version of Java from here and when u have the Minecraft launcher u can either watch YouTube how to get 1.12.2 or ask me or something else

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Ok.  I’ve apparently loaded 1.15.2 which is the wrong one?  I’m also still not seeing a way to join a server

Ok.  I’ve apparently loaded 1.15.2 which is the wrong one?  I’m also still not seeing a way to join a server

If u leave your discord on your profile I can add u and I can help u there in about 30min is that OK?

Reminder⚠️

9 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I could gladly help you via discord screen share just notify when u have time and well see

I’ve got discord on my iPhone but not my PC.  Had problems making the discord for LTT work.  It worked for like half an hour a week ago.  The last message I got was a statement that the server was being shutdown.  It may have been an April fools prank except it wasn’t posted apr 1. There’s some verification code but things break because discord auto defaults to safari and there’s a compatibility issue so everything breaks

I’ve got discord on my iPhone but not my PC.  Had problems making the discord for LTT work.  It worked for like half an hour a week ago.  The last message I got was a statement that the server was being shutdown.  It may have been an April fools prank except it wasn’t posted apr 1

well discord is still working and you don't have to download it on pc it works in browser and u only need to look at my instructions on the screen

Reminder⚠️

3 minutes ago, Kanna said:

If u leave your discord on your profile I can add u and I can help u there in about 30min is that OK?

I think what I gotta do, since apparently I can’t use this on my iPhone at all, is to get discord working on my PC

I think what I gotta do, since apparently I can’t use this on my iPhone at all, is to get discord working on my PC

sounds great just tell me if u get it working

Reminder⚠️

Found it.  There’s a statement that the discord server address changed.  I click it and there is an “accept invite” button.  I click that and I get the message

”safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid”

Found it.  There’s a statement that the discord server address changed.  I click it and there is an “accept invite” button.  I click that and I get the message

”safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid”

go to https://discordapp.com/channels/@me and sign in then its fixed

Reminder⚠️

11 minutes ago, Kanna said:

sounds great just tell me if u get it working

Got discord going, I think.  Seems to be the right account.  There are two LTT discord channels.  One has the server being shut down message, and the other appears to be newer, having messages as late as March 30th.  There is a series of names along one side

Got discord going, I think.  Seems to be the right account.  There are two LTT discord channels.  One has the server being shut down message, and the other appears to be newer, having messages as late as March 30th.  There is a series of names along one side

can u give me your discord username and tag?

Reminder⚠️