No Signal on Monitor

Radamec227

Last summer I upgraded my mother board and CPU in my PC.  Then in October I got a new GPU.  I installed everything and everything was fine.  About a month and a half ago, I went to turn on my pc and my monitor said "no signal from DisplayPort."  Eventually after unplugging and plugging power to both my pc and monitor, I got it working again and thought nothing of it.  Since then, this same issue has been exponentially reoccurring.  I thought whatever I can fix it no big deal.  Well today I went to turn on my pc and the same thing happened, however I can not get it to work this time.  I've tried unplugging and replugging in all of the cables.  Ive tried different display ports. I have tried using an HDMI instead and none of that worked.  Then I took out my GPU and tried to run my computer through the motherboard alone, connecting via HDMI.  I turn in on and it worked.  Then I tried my old GPU and that did not work either.  Once again I tried multiple ports on the GPU and multiple cables including the HDMI that works with the motherboard and I got nothing to display again.  I tried a different PCIE slots as well and still nothing.  I am wondering if this could be a power supply issue as I saw something online saying it is possible.  I have my watt total on PC Part picker and it is about 150 watts less than what my power supply is good for.  I think I narrowed it down to either power supply or motherboard but everything else works on my motherboard so I am not sure.

Any suggestions?

Specs:

CPU: i5-9600k

CPU Cooler: Cooler master Hyper 212 led

Graphics Card: MSI RTX 2070 super Ventus OC

Motherboard: MSI MPG z390 Gaming PLUS

RAM: 2x8 corsair vengeance DDR4-2400 

Storage: Western Digital Caviar blue 1tb 

Storage: Samsung 860 eve 500 gb ssd

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650 80+ gold 

Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24" 144 hz 

4 minutes ago, Radamec227 said:

Last summer I upgraded my mother board and CPU in my PC.  Then in October I got a new GPU.  I installed everything and everything was fine.  About a month and a half ago, I went to turn on my pc and my monitor said "no signal from DisplayPort."  Eventually after unplugging and plugging power to both my pc and monitor, I got it working again and thought nothing of it.  Since then, this same issue has been exponentially reoccurring.  I thought whatever I can fix it no big deal.  Well today I went to turn on my pc and the same thing happened, however I can not get it to work this time.  I've tried unplugging and replugging in all of the cables.  Ive tried different display ports. I have tried using an HDMI instead and none of that worked.  Then I took out my GPU and tried to run my computer through the motherboard alone, connecting via HDMI.  I turn in on and it worked.  Then I tried my old GPU and that did not work either.  Once again I tried multiple ports on the GPU and multiple cables including the HDMI that works with the motherboard and I got nothing to display again.  I tried a different PCIE slots as well and still nothing.  I am wondering if this could be a power supply issue as I saw something online saying it is possible.  I have my watt total on PC Part picker and it is about 150 watts less than what my power supply is good for.  I think I narrowed it down to either power supply or motherboard but everything else works on my motherboard so I am not sure.

Any suggestions?

Specs:

CPU: i5-9600k

CPU Cooler: Cooler master Hyper 212 led

Graphics Card: MSI RTX 2070 super Ventus OC

Motherboard: MSI MPG z390 Gaming PLUS

RAM: 2x8 corsair vengeance DDR4-2400 

Storage: Western Digital Caviar blue 1tb 

Storage: Samsung 860 eve 500 gb ssd

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650 80+ gold 

Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24" 144 hz 

I think your problem is the monitor, did you try it anywhere else to check? 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

The first time I had this issue, a month and a half ago, I tried plugging into my tv which has HDMI and that did not work.  Then I proceeded to unplug and replug and it worked again on my monitor.  As of today, I have not tried anther monitor with my computer or my monitor with a different computer.  I can give that a try now.

8 minutes ago, Constantin said:

The first time I had this issue, a month and a half ago, I tried plugging into my tv which has HDMI and that did not work.  Then I proceeded to unplug and replug and it worked again on my monitor.  As of today, I have not tried anther monitor with my computer or my monitor with a different computer.  I can give that a try now.

EDIT: Going to make new post.

Try this, make sure that during testing nothing that sends signals are close by, that includes phones, routers and anything else with an antenna.
HDMI usually doesnt care, but DP does, if your screen has a demagnetize function, use it.

Power down the system, turn off the PSU, hit the power button to drain power faster and wait a few minutes before turning power back on, basically try to drain all the power out of the system.
These issues somewhat resembles Issues I had with my monitor a long time ago, and it turned out the solution was a few cheap ferrite cores on my DP cables.

4 hours ago, Constantin said:

So I tried plugging it into a different monitor (after a few hours of sitting) and it worked on the new monitor.  Everything took a super long time to load however, not sure if it was because it was adapting to a different resolution or what because it looked really big.  After this working, I plugged it into my normal monitor and it worked again.  So, not sure what the issue is here lol.