Tube Radio PC

I saw a few tube radio PC cases floating around on the web and so I decided to build my own. If this gains traction I'll start building several and selling them.

IMG_20200401_082840.jpg

IMG_20200328_150936.jpg

IMG_20200328_150929.jpg

IMG_20200328_150853.jpg

super clean build! What kind of specs did you manage to fit? what are the thermals like?

PC: 

i5 8400 - RTX 2060 - Strix B360-I - Thermaltake 240mm AIO - 16GB Vengeance RGB PRO - CRYSTAL 280X - HD Plex 400w AC/DC Converter

CUSTOM KEYBOARD:

Gmmk Pro  - Gateron ink Black v2 lubed and filmed - GMK Red Samurai - PC plate - Zeal stabs

DAILY TECH:

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Smartwatch - Galaxy A70 - Bose QC Earbuds - Bose SoundLink Wireless - Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 

Thanks man! I fitted it for use with a full size ATX board using my old Gigabyte AMD Athlon 3200+ motherboard. After finishing fab, I put my micro ATX "Living Room" media center into it. The specs are not very impressive, Core-i7 930ish?, a GTX 660ti and 24 GB DDR3 ram. But my wife can play Assassin's Creed Odyssey on it without issues (low settings). I built it more as a proof of concept.

I'm working on another one now. It uses a GE Model 203 for a case. Waiting on a Core i7-6700K, GTX 1060 mini 6GB and 16GB DDR4 ram all stationed on a mini ITX board. I'll add pictures of it when it's done.

As for thermals, I haven't measured any yet because I'm using the old AMD Athlon 3200+ fan. My 6 pipe heat sink and fan wouldn't fit under the power supply. I overlooked the fact that the full ATX fan was much smaller. So far the thermals haven't caused any overheating that would result in shutdown. When I get a chance I'll measure them. The good thing is, air is pulled through the front cloth mesh and pushed out the back. I can feel a lot of air coming from the back when I put my hand behind it, and it's never very hot.

For the next build I'll be using a 6 pipe and engineering around that for better thermals. This first one was just a proof of concept and to see if anyone would even be interested in something like this. The next one is actually going to be for resale.