Ryzen 5 2600 cant use 2933 Mhz or more

hey

im running a ryzen 5 2600 and just got 2 new ram sticks G.Skill Aegis 2*8GB 3000mhz CL16 (F4-3000C16D-16GISB)

after i booted the pc for the first time afer installing the new RAM i changed the speed to 3000mhz in BIOS but the pc shut down immediatly after starting for like 3 times than it started normally again (but with 2133mhz) and i changed the speed to 2933mhz. the pc then booted normally but while i was gaming for 2min i got a blue screen. then i changed it to 2800mhz and now everythings running normally. 

my question is why cant i use the 3000mhz, let alone 2933mhz (which the r5 2600 is officially capable of)? My Mainboard also support up to 3200 mhz. The r5 2600 is officially capable of up to 2933mhz. 

Do you know what could cause that problem?

did you enable xmp or just changed ram frequency without anything else? do you have ram in slots 2 and 4?

Those are dual channel sticks make sure you have them in the right configuration.

yeah ram 2 and 4 and i just changed the frequency wihthout anything else. where do i find this xmp option?

2 minutes ago, PLS helpME said:

yeah ram 2 and 4 and i just changed the frequency wihthout anything else. where do i find this xmp option?

X.M.P. should be grouped along with you ram settings in the BIOS

Just now, Koi_Here said:

X.M.P. should be grouped along with you ram settings in the BIOS

and i have to enable it or what do i need to do ?

and isnt XMP intel standard? does every MB has that option?

4 minutes ago, PLS helpME said:

in bios. what motherboard do you have? it's called either xmp, a-xmp or docp, depending on your motherboard. it's an auto-overclock for ram profile.

alternatively, you can do it manually as you've tried, but you need to increase dram voltage to 1.35 for it to work.

1 minute ago, PLS helpME said:

and i have to enable it or what do i need to do ?

yes it may also be called Extreme Memory Profile

Just now, boggy77 said:

in bios. what motherboard do you have? it's called either xmp, a-xmp or docp, depending on your motherboard. it's an auto-overclock for ram profile.

alternatively, you can do it manually as you've tried, but you need to increase dram voltage to 1.35 for it to work.

ASUS Prime B350M-A

ok and if i select that xmp or whatever profile i dont need to change the frequency as i did before right?

ASUS Prime B350M-A

ok and if i select that xmp or whatever profile i dont need to change the frequency as i did before right?

It should be on the main page like this 1a.jpg

ASUS Prime B350M-A

Could be called DOCP then.

Correct, DOCP sets the frequency for you.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Koi_Here said:

It should be on the main page like this 1a.jpg

alright thanks, i will try it

alright thanks, i will try it

make sure you update the BIOS to the latest version.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

ok i selected that profile and now it seems to work. in the profile it stated 3000mhz but its actually running at 2933mhz now, but idc. thanks guys.

ok i selected that profile and now it seems to work. in the profile it stated 3000mhz but its actually running at 2933mhz now, but idc. thanks guys.

yeah some ram runs a little lower than advertised

5 minutes ago, PLS helpME said:

that is because you set manually the speed to 2933mhz elsewhere. at least based on what else you have said in this thread. 

It's Ryzen. Ram doesn't work at advertised speeds a lot.

Ram marketing is extremely misleading. It'd be nice if the sh*t the manufacturers say their ram can do would be enforced a bit.