How to edit what my webcam shows in programms like skype.

I want to be able to have my web cam on and show something different than what it captures for example an image or video from my pc how do i do that?

Just now, NineEyeRon said:

So a screen share? 

No I just want for example when i open my webcam to show an image or something else which is set I want this to somewhat prank my friends.

5 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

No I just want for example when i open my webcam to show an image or something else which is set I want this to somewhat prank my friends.

Use obs.

57 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I want to be able to have my web cam on and show something different than what it captures for example an image or video from my pc how do i do that?

49 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

So you want to filter the feed? I dont believe you can.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Sure, the previous answer of using OBS (with the VirtualCam plugin) works perfectly. You can open your webcam in OBS and setup whatever scenes you want, and the VirtualCam plugin will make OBS' output appear as another "webcam" that you can select in the communication software you're using.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Sure, the previous answer of using OBS (with the VirtualCam plugin) works perfectly. You can open your webcam in OBS and setup whatever scenes you want, and the VirtualCam plugin will make OBS' output appear as another "webcam" that you can select in the communication software you're using.

That’s literally how we fudged screensharing back in the day.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Eh it's still good today, more flexible than the screensharing features in most apps :)

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2