Need advice for my first build

Molsens

Hey guys,

I'm looking in to building my first pc. It will be used for some gaming (Sims 4, Planet Zoo) and some light video editing in Premiere Pro and photo editing in Lightroom and Photoshop.
I did some research and came up with the parts I think will work for this, but I'm definitly not sure about it. My budget is around €700-€800. 
I live in the Netherlands but can also buy parts in Germany or other European countries.

I would like some advice on my list: Does everything work together? Are there better options within roughly the same price point? Or maybe cheaper without losing too much or a bit more expensive with a way better perfomance? Also; what case is best suited for my build? I didn't include it in my part list, because I don't have a clue about the best case in my budget.
I don't really care for RGB or led, but if it's a better option I wouldn't mind.

Thanks in advance! I already learned a lot from this forum and YouTube, but it's a bit daunting to start ;)

(Most of the items listed below I can find a bit cheaper from other retailers).

PCPartPicker Part List: https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/JdKk8M

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor (I mean the 1600 AF, but I can't find it in the partpicker. It's about €100)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€124.90 @ Azerty) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  (€106.95 @ Megekko) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€73.95 @ Megekko) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€63.85 @ Megekko) 
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB Challenger D OC Video Card  (€302.95 @ Azerty) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€64.90 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
Total: €737.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 21:17 CEST+0200

36 minutes ago, Molsens said:

Hey guys,

I'm looking in to building my first pc. It will be used for some gaming (Sims 4, Planet Zoo) and some light video editing in Premiere Pro and photo editing in Lightroom and Photoshop.
I did some research and came up with the parts I think will work for this, but I'm definitly not sure about it. My budget is around €700-€800. 
I live in the Netherlands but can also buy parts in Germany or other European countries.

I would like some advice on my list: Does everything work together? Are there better options within roughly the same price point? Or maybe cheaper without losing too much or a bit more expensive with a way better perfomance? Also; what case is best suited for my build? I didn't include it in my part list, because I don't have a clue about the best case in my budget.
I don't really care for RGB or led, but if it's a better option I wouldn't mind.

Thanks in advance! I already learned a lot from this forum and YouTube, but it's a bit daunting to start ;)

(Most of the items listed below I can find a bit cheaper from other retailers).

PCPartPicker Part List: https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/JdKk8M

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor (I mean the 1600 AF, but I can't find it in the partpicker. It's about €100)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€124.90 @ Azerty) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  (€106.95 @ Megekko) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€73.95 @ Megekko) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€63.85 @ Megekko) 
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB Challenger D OC Video Card  (€302.95 @ Azerty) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€64.90 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
Total: €737.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 21:17 CEST+0200

I would say that your psu is better than the psu the guy above me metioned.I would not be really comfortable with less that 500watts.Overall its a great build in my opinion. I have almost the same specs in my pc and its overall a great experience. I would advise you to buy a better Cooler for the CPU but I bought one 7 months after my initial build because it was both loud and the temps were kinda high. I bought a Cryorig H7 for 50 euros and it has worked fine since then with the temps on my 2600. Highest I've seen is 64 Deegres I think. I dont know about the 5600 XT because I have an NVIDIA hpu but as far as i've seen the benchmarks are really good. I would say go ahead and buy the pc its a really good performer for the price!!

Thank you for the reactions! I'm still looking around and have a question: 

For my build, would it be smart to invest in a better cpu rather than a gpu? 
If I buy a cheaper gpu (RX 580) in combination with a better cpu (Ryzen 3600), would that be a good idea? And upgrading the gpu when I have more budget?

Or is it better to keep a more budget cpu (Ryzen 1600 AF) with a better gpu like the 5600 XT?

And what about motherboards? I opted for an ATX motherboard, while boggy77 suggested an Micro ATX?
I understand there is a price difference between the two, but how about the future? Can I easily upgrade my build while keeping the motherboard, regardless of ATX or micro ATX?

12 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

I would say that your psu is better than the psu the guy above me metioned.

No it isn't. That Seasonic psu is awful.

On 4/4/2020 at 1:45 AM, lee32uk said:

No it isn't. That Seasonic psu is awful.

So you say that a 400w psu is better?

On 4/3/2020 at 11:35 PM, Molsens said:

Thank you for the I'm still looking around and have a question: 

For my build, would it be smart to invest in a better cpu rather than a gpu? 
If I buy a cheaper gpu (RX 580) in combination with a better cpu (Ryzen 3600), would that be a good idea? And upgrading the gpu when I have more budget?

Or is it better to keep a more budget cpu (Ryzen 1600 AF) with a better gpu like the 5600 XT?

And what about motherboards? I opted for an ATX motherboard, while boggy77 suggested an Micro ATX?
I understand there is a price difference between the two, but how about the future? Can I easily upgrade my build while keeping the motherboard, regardless of ATX or micro ATX?

I would say that a 5600xt is really good for the price of the whole pc. If you could squeeze a little bit more money I would say go for a 2060 super for that RTX technology, but the card you picked is perfectly fine(I would not buy an RX 580). The motherboard you have selected (the Tomahawk Max) is one of the best b450 motherboards so no, I would say that your mobo is perfectly fine as well. Even for streaming the 1600 AF is really good (except if you need the extra cores for heavy tasks) 

24 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

So you say that a 400w psu is better?

No, I am saying that the BeQuiet Pure Power 11 400W is a better unit than the Seasonic M12II 520W. 

5 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

No, I am saying that the BeQuiet Pure Power 11 400W is a better unit than the Seasonic M12II 520W. 

Well I would be more comfortable running a 5600 XT with 520 watt rahter than 400watts

8 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

Well I would be more comfortable running a 5600 XT with 520 watt rahter than 400watts

Not when the 520W psu in question is rubbish.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Not when the 520W psu in question is rubbish.

I dont know maybe we can find a better psu for him so we come to an agreement

4 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

I dont know maybe we can find a better psu for him so we come to an agreement

Depends on what is available to him and how flexible his budget is. If he wants a higher wattage unit then it will probably cost more. He can always look through the psu tier list if he wants a bit of guidance.

On 4/10/2020 at 7:16 PM, lee32uk said:

Depends on what is available to him and how flexible his budget is. If he wants a higher wattage unit then it will probably cost more. He can always look through the psu tier list if he wants a bit of guidance.

Thats true but lets see if we can reccomend something that is a good option if it is available to him

On 4/12/2020 at 1:01 AM, ItzUknown said:

Thats true but lets see if we can reccomend something that is a good option if it is available to him

How about the Corsair CX550M? I understand that the psu I first found is not a good option, even though it has more wattage. 
The Corsair one is around €70 here. I can flex the budget a bit, in the end a more reliable psu will be worth it imo.

9 hours ago, Molsens said:

How about the Corsair CX550M? I understand that the psu I first found is not a good option, even though it has more wattage. 
The Corsair one is around €70 here. I can flex the budget a bit, in the end a more reliable psu will be worth it imo.

Well the cx550 I would say is pretty ok for the budget and I think that it is worth it