Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JustIncapable

My computer has a severe issue

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JustIncapable said:

My issue is very complicated and idk how to really explain it that well so @LinusTech聽pleasssseeeeeeee help!! Your my only hope 馃ズ

Linus, himself, doesn't help people with computer-problems here, he has a lot more important stuff to spend his time on. Also, you're not going to get any help anyways, if you can't be arsed to explain your problem.


Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody鈥檚 pocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
Just now, WereCatf said:

Linus, himself, doesn't help people with computer-problems here, he has a lot more important stuff to spend his time on. Also, you're not going to get any help anyways, if you can't be arsed to explain your problem.

Idk how to explain it other than my computer is fucked. It won鈥檛 let me reset it in any way, it won鈥檛 let me open setting or control panel and stuff like that and somehow my computer managed to delete its recovery environment. And it won鈥檛 let me reinstall windows

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JustIncapable said:

Idk how to explain it other than my computer is fucked. It won鈥檛 let me reset it in any way, it won鈥檛 let me open setting or control panel and stuff like that and somehow my computer managed to delete its recovery environment. And it won鈥檛 let me reinstall windows

Just clear your hdd and then install windows again with a flash drive


potato.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Marcelo Delicia said:

Just clear your hdd and then install windows again with a flash drive

So format my hhd with windows media tool and then install windows?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JustIncapable said:

So format my hhd with windows media tool and then install windows?

if that works sure and if doesnt im聽pretty sure if you boot from the CD or flash drive with windows it lets you delete the partition too. thats what i would try


potato.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, Marcelo Delicia said:

if that works sure and if doesnt im聽pretty sure if you boot from the CD or flash drive with windows it lets you delete the partition too. thats what i would try

But if I format and reinstall with installation media tool then would it keep my windows ID and activation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JustIncapable said:

But if I format and reinstall with installation media tool then would it keep my windows ID and activation?

you mean the CD key yes if you have it written down u can just use it to activate again


potato.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
Just now, Marcelo Delicia said:

you mean the CD key yes if you have it written down u can just use it to activate again

I can鈥檛 activate it again so unless it automatically does that...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JustIncapable said:

I can鈥檛 activate it again so unless it automatically does that...

what do you mean you cant. Just type in the cd key when you install windows again and it activates.


potato.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JustIncapable said:

I can鈥檛 activate it again so unless it automatically does that...

You can find the key in settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
Just now, Play3rgg said:

You can find the key in settings.

Well it鈥檚 kinda hard to do that when my computer won鈥檛 let me go into settings

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Marcelo Delicia said:

what do you mean you cant. Just type in the cd key when you install windows again and it activates.

I dont have the cd key bc I originally got my computer from Best Buy and when I got a new cpu and motherboard I called windows support and they re activated it for me bc the info for the activation and stuff didn鈥檛 come with my computer聽

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JustIncapable said:

I dont have the cd key bc I originally got my computer from Best Buy and when I got a new cpu and motherboard I called windows support and they re activated it for me bc the info for the activation and stuff didn鈥檛 come with my computer聽

oof in that case idk maybe you can activate it again by phone im not sure. worst聽case scenario you can just buy one of those cheapo windows licenses


potato.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Marcelo Delicia said:

oof in that case idk maybe you can activate it again by phone im not sure. worst聽case scenario you can just buy one of those cheapo windows licenses

Can you give me a link for a cheapo windows licenses聽

Link to post
Share on other sites

-= Topic moved to Troubleshooting =-

-= Title adjusted to make it more appropriate =-

45 minutes ago, JustIncapable said:

My issue is very complicated and idk how to really explain it that well so @LinusTech聽pleasssseeeeeeee help!! Your my only hope 馃ズ

40 minutes ago, JustIncapable said:

Idk how to explain it other than my computer is fucked. It won鈥檛 let me reset it in any way, it won鈥檛 let me open setting or control panel and stuff like that and somehow my computer managed to delete its recovery environment. And it won鈥檛 let me reinstall windows

Let's start over by figuring out the issue and troubleshoot the issue before diving into the deep end of the pool first...

Please list for me the spec of your pc.

What OS are you using? Win7, 8, 10?

What in the best way you can describe (less foul language the better)聽is the PC doing or not doing, such as will it boot to the bios? or will it boot as far as windows?


Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

聽鈥

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.聽聽~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.聽 ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are聽a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a聽Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates.聽Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:聽 聽https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

聽CHRISTIAN MEMBER聽

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JustIncapable said:

Can you give me a link for a cheapo windows licenses聽

Just look for it on ebay or something similar just dont buy from shady dudes it could be stolen. Also if you are not comfortable with that you can just keep the trial version on forever its kinda the same shit


potato.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

-= Topic moved to Troubleshooting =-

-= Title adjusted to make it more appropriate =-

Let's start over by figuring out the issue and troubleshoot the issue before diving into the deep end of the pool first...

Please list for me the spec of your pc.

What OS are you using? Win7, 8, 10?

What in the best way you can describe (less foul language the better)聽is the PC doing or not doing, such as will it boot to the bios? or will it boot as far as windows?

I have a rtx 2060 super, i5-9400f, 16gb ddr4 ram, 1tb hhd, idk the power supply, windows 10.聽

ok so idk the issue but my windows recovery environment is gone, when I boot up I get this svhost pop up thing. And when I sign in it doesn鈥檛 let me open start or settings or control panel or anything like that, and when I do shift+ restart it doesn鈥檛 have the reset option and it won鈥檛 let me reinstall windows by using a flash drive and opening file explorer and double clicking the one things that lets you reinstall windows bc it just cancels the install after 26%. It鈥檚 really confusing and I have tried everything I can think of to fix it and I have l have used lots of YouTube videos and nothings helping.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JustIncapable said:

I have a rtx 2060 super, i5-9400f, 16gb ddr4 ram, 1tb hhd, idk the power supply, windows 10.聽

ok so idk the issue but my windows recovery environment is gone, when I boot up I get this svhost pop up thing. And when I sign in it doesn鈥檛 let me open start or settings or control panel or anything like that, and when I do shift+ restart it doesn鈥檛 have the reset option and it won鈥檛 let me reinstall windows by using a flash drive and opening file explorer and double clicking the one things that lets you reinstall windows bc it just cancels the install after 26%. It鈥檚 really confusing and I have tried everything I can think of to fix it and I have l have used lots of YouTube videos and nothings helping.

OK can you boot to the BIOS? [pressing F2 or F12?]


Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

聽鈥

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.聽聽~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.聽 ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are聽a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a聽Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates.聽Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:聽 聽https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

聽CHRISTIAN MEMBER聽

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
Just now, SansVarnic said:

OK can you boot to the BIOS? [pressing F2 or F12?]

Yea I can boot to the MSI CLICK 5 bios or whatever it鈥檚 called by pressing f11

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JustIncapable said:

Yea I can boot to the MSI CLICK 5 bios or whatever it鈥檚 called by pressing f11

Awesome.

You need to change the boot option to the USB where you should have a Windows ISO installer.

Do you have the ISO?


Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

聽鈥

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.聽聽~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.聽 ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are聽a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a聽Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates.聽Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:聽 聽https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

聽CHRISTIAN MEMBER聽

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
Just now, SansVarnic said:

Awesome.

You need to change the boot option to the USB where you should have a Windows ISO installer.

Do you have the ISO?

I have the windows installation media on a flash drive聽

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JustIncapable said:

I have the windows installation media on a flash drive聽

Alright, do a force restart of the PC >聽go into the Bios > make sure the primary boot is the USB drive > plug in the usb > save and restart.

In the installer there "should" be an option to run a recovery if not run a drive format > when finished let the installer create new partitions and install windows.

Do you still have the original Windows Key?


Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

聽鈥

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.聽聽~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.聽 ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are聽a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a聽Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates.聽Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:聽 聽https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

聽CHRISTIAN MEMBER聽

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
Just now, SansVarnic said:

Alright, do a force restart of the PC >聽go into the Bios > make sure the primary boot is the USB drive > plug in the usb > save and restart.

In the installer there "should" be an option to run a recovery if not run a drive format > when finished let the installer create new partitions and install windows.

Do you still have the original Windows Key?

No I can鈥檛 get the windows key bc I can鈥檛 open setting and stuff and even if I do get it through command prompt, I can鈥檛 activate it again bc of what I said earlier, I originally bought my computer from bestbuy and it didn鈥檛 come with activation info so once it gets inactived then I鈥檓 screwed

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, JustIncapable said:

No I can鈥檛 get the windows key bc I can鈥檛 open setting and stuff and even if I do get it through command prompt, I can鈥檛 activate it again bc of what I said earlier, I originally bought my computer from bestbuy and it didn鈥檛 come with activation info so once it gets inactived then I鈥檓 screwed

Not necessarily. Windows keys are linked to your mobo these days and your Microsoft account. We can cross that bridge later.

Do the format and re-install for now, then let the pc complete all of its updates.

*edit

When you have done this let me know. I will be going to bed in the next hour Fyi.

Just so you know, you can run most of what you need with an unlicensed version any how so you will be fine until you either recover your key or get a new one.

Edited by SansVarnic

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

聽鈥

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.聽聽~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.聽 ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are聽a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a聽Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates.聽Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:聽 聽https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

聽CHRISTIAN MEMBER聽

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now