Black screen in BIOS after deleting Hackintosh EFI Partition.

Hey guys. So I decided to install Mac OS X catalina on my PC but after installing I learnt that the RTX 2060 is not supported so I deleted the partition in which Mac os x was installed (my entire hard drive). Then in order to remove the EFI partition, I booted up linux and deleted it using GParted. After doing so, I can by default boot into Windows 10, but can't boot into bios. It always shows a black screen everytime I try to do so. I tried resetting CMOS twice, with no luck. Please help me, I need to change a few settings in my BIOS asap.

Thanks in advance.

My RIG:

Mobo: Asus TUF-B450 Gaming Plus

Graphics: Zotac RTX 2060

Pro: Ryzen 5 3600

PSU: 550W

120GB SSD (windows) 

1TB HDD (used for Hackintosh and deleted it later)

Unplug your drives and see if you can get into the BIOS that way.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

52 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Unplug your drives and see if you can get into the BIOS that way.

Yes, the BIOS screen is showing up when I unplugged both, my SSD as well as HDD. What does this mean?

43 minutes ago, Krishna16 said:

Yes, the BIOS screen is showing up when I unplugged both, my SSD as well as HDD. What does this mean?

Try deleting all partitions from the hdd and reformatting it, maybe you missed something earlier.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

34 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Try deleting all partitions from the hdd and reformatting it, maybe you missed something earlier.

Tried doing this too, with no luck. Bios is not being displayed with my SSD attached as well, which I'm using as my primary boot device for windows 10.

it's possible you accidentally made changes to the Windows boot partition, ideally you should make a backup of your files and reinstall everything. At least for now you can access the BIOS by unplugging the drives.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

it's possible you accidentally made changes to the Windows boot partition, ideally you should make a backup of your files and reinstall everything. At least for now you can access the BIOS by unplugging the drives.

So you're saying that I should uninstall windows from my SSD format both and install windows again?

1 minute ago, Krishna16 said:

So you're saying that I should uninstall windows from my SSD format both and install windows again?

If you can, yes.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

33 minutes ago, Sauron said:

If you can, yes.

Okay, I'll give it a try and get back to you. By the way, thanks for all your help dude!!!

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

If you can, yes.

I tried doing so, delete my entire SSD along with all partitions and did the same on my HDD, reinstalled windows and still the same black screen. Any more ideas?

I tried doing so, delete my entire SSD along with all partitions and did the same on my HDD, reinstalled windows and still the same black screen. Any more ideas?

Not really unless you did something to your bios when you first installed macos... did you flash an updated or modded bios?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

9 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Not really unless you did something to your bios when you first installed macos... did you flash an updated or modded bios?

Not at all. I just copied the EFI folder in the 200mb partition of my hard drive, and that too I deleted later. I'm pretty sure it didn't have any BIOS files in it. I also tried changing the sata ports to where my drives are connected, still no luck.

Not at all. I just copied the EFI folder in the 200mb partition of my hard drive, and that too I deleted later. I'm pretty sure it didn't have any BIOS files in it.

Then I really don't know what could be causing this to persist through a full format of the drives and a CMOS reset. As a last ditch effort you could try using different SATA ports.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Then I really don't know what could be causing this to persist through a full format of the drives and a CMOS reset. As a last ditch effort you could try using different SATA ports.

Tried changing both of their ports, no luck again.

Just now, Krishna16 said:

Tried changing both of their ports, no luck again.

🤷‍♂️ try calling Asus support or if you're still under warranty RMA the motherboard.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

🤷‍♂️ try calling Asus support or if you're still under warranty RMA the motherboard.

This time it started, but only after I removed my SSD on which I installed windows (HDD is still connected).

This time it started, but only after I removed my SSD on which I installed windows (HDD is still connected).

What happens if you install Windows to the HDD?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

What happens if you install Windows to the HDD

Previously, when I tried to do so without formatting my SSD, it didn't work. I think I haven't installed a genuine version of windows 10 on my SSD, maybe that's why. I'll try installing it again. It did show me though that my version is not genuine.

16 hours ago, Sauron said:

Fixed it. But I don't understand what the problem was. Anyways, thanks for all your help once again.

• 7 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 7:27 AM, Krishna16 said:

Fixed it. But I don't understand what the problem was. Anyways, thanks for all your help once again.

I have same issue now. Can anyone help me to fix this???

• 1 year later...

Guys, I Have the same problem, I need your help or yours steps from fix this problem, You Have my attention

• 5 months later...

I also having this exact problem,pls bro reply, eagerly waiting pls

35 minutes ago, cs59 said:

I also having this exact problem,pls bro reply, eagerly waiting pls

He literally explained how he solved it and what the problem was.

The problem is that the operating system or something on the drive where it is installed on can prevent you from using the BIOS if something is incorrectly configured. If you remove the HDD/SSD on which your system is installed, you will get back into your BIOS.

What you can also do is install MX Linux or Fedora on the HDD/SSD where your operating system is currently installed. Then you will also be able to use your BIOS normally, and have a fully functional operating system. 

I suspect that you can also just reinstall a legal version of Windows to solve the problem.

OS: FreeBSD 13.3  WM: bspwm  Hardware: Intel 12600KF -- Kingston dual-channel CL36 @6200 -- Sapphire RX 7600 -- BIOSTAR B760MZ-E PRO -- Antec P6 -- Xilence XP550 -- ARCTIC i35 -- EVO 850 500GB

52 minutes ago, The Hope said:

He literally explained how he solved it and what the problem was.

The problem is that the operating system or something on the drive where it is installed on can prevent you from using the BIOS if something is incorrectly configured. If you remove the HDD/SSD on which your system is installed, you will get back into your BIOS.

What you can also do is install MX Linux or Fedora on the HDD/SSD where your operating system is currently installed. Then you will also be able to use your BIOS normally, and have a fully functional operating system. 

I suspect that you can also just reinstall a legal version of Windows to solve the problem.

I already have have windows 10 official installed which was automatically activated by my laptop, also how I can reinstall windows 10 without booting my usb to fresh format the ssd and install windows 10? Pls reply

1 hour ago, cs59 said:

I already have have windows 10 official installed which was automatically activated by my laptop, also how I can reinstall windows 10 without booting my usb to fresh format the ssd and install windows 10? Pls reply

https://computerinfobits.com/how-to-put-windows-10-on-usb/

OS: FreeBSD 13.3  WM: bspwm  Hardware: Intel 12600KF -- Kingston dual-channel CL36 @6200 -- Sapphire RX 7600 -- BIOSTAR B760MZ-E PRO -- Antec P6 -- Xilence XP550 -- ARCTIC i35 -- EVO 850 500GB