How to reflow a GPU using a heatgun?

Quy3501

Anyone have reflowed a dead graphic card show me how to do it? My GPU died 4 month ago and i have just know the reflow method? Is there what i need other than a heat gun? Is the moisture important? How long does it take at what temp? Direct the heat to the GPU or the VRAM chip? Is there a detail video in how to do it properly?

5 minutes ago, Quy3501 said:

Anyone have reflowed a dead graphic card show me how to do it? My GPU died 4 month ago and i have just know the reflow method? Is there what i need other than a heat gun? Is the moisture important? How long does it take at what temp? Direct the heat to the GPU or the VRAM chip? Is there a detail video in how to do it properly?

No, do not try with a heat gun. The heat gun, once the solder starts to melt from components, will just blow all the resistors, capacitors and the likes all over the place and then the thing is definitely, 100% a goner.

To Correctly Reflow(TM) with a heat gun, you'd need to know exactly what you are planning to reflow and you'd need to cover any parts you don't want moving around with kapton-tape.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

No, do not try with a heat gun. The heat gun, once the solder starts to melt from components, will just blow all the resistors, capacitors and the likes all over the place and then the thing is definitely, 100% a goner.

can you use something like heat-resistant tape for the capacitors?

1 minute ago, Quy3501 said:

can you use something like heat-resistant tape for the capacitors?

Kapton-tape, yes.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Is there anything else can be used to reflow a GPU other than a heat gun and a oven (i don't have a oven)?

Reflowing the card likely won't work or will only be temporary. I have reflowed with a heat gun. It can work but you HAVE to use flux and watch carefully for the solder to start to melt under the chip. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD