EVGA G2 fan rattling

ftahir192

I rma'd my EVGA G2 a couple months prior because it died after a good 5 years usage. I bought a seasonic focus gold for that build as the RMA took 2 weeks and I needed the machine for work. I thought I'd just save the refurb EVGA G2 unit for a future build.

So come today, I finish my new build and turn my pc on and the PSU fan is rattling like crazy. The g2 has an eco mode which turns the fan off under 40c and on this mode the rattling goes away.  

Is this something that's self-serviceable? I understand I'd void my warranty, but I just really, really, really cannot be arsed with a 2 week wait on another refurb unit which could potentially run into the same (or different issue) months later. What are my options here? 

Here's a video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S-XKRFQULb4qgG8_l2NTcFGka12z4MFw/view?usp=sharing

RMA it again.

Unfortunately, Globe Fan's DBB fans aren't the most reliable.

5 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

RMA it again.

Unfortunately, Globe Fan's DBB fans aren't the most reliable.

Aww man looks like it's another 2 weeks wait in that case. I'll see if I can get an advanced exchange RMA from them but also tempted to just bin it and get a seasonic power supply for this new rig too. Loved the replacement one I got for my older build.

You're probably (one of?) the best people to ask this slightly off topic question - which PSUs are out there with some of the best silent fans?