High CPU usage, Frame skipping in games i-7, 1080ti, 32gb

I have been having major problems frame skipping and high cpu usage. My build should be more then able to run any game to date, my fps counter (fraps) tells me most games at least run at 70+ fps some going 200+ even though they're clearly running at around 20 - 35 and that's after lowering all graphic settings, the temperatures seem to be fine never going over 45, i dont know what to do, ive also reset windows, ive added an extra case fan, to cool the cpu when running games or google chrome cpu usage sits at 75% - 90% even on low quality games with no background programs running.
My build:
. CPU: Intel i-7 8700 3.20GHz
. Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370
. RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32gb ddr4
. GPU: Inno 3D Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11gb
. PSU: Thermaltake 850w
. CPU Liquid cooling: Cooler Master dual fan

Side notes: always takes a while to turn off. Some games and google chrome will make it crash, there is more then enough free disk space. Its kept dust free. Troubleshooting this problem would help so im over sending it to pc repair shops and it still cant run games please help.

frame rates also depend on the game, some games like city skylines will never exceed 30fps on your system

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

True, but most of them do run terribly like csgo, apex legends, modern warfare etc. 

Have you checked temps on your CPU? Perhaps removing and remounting the cooler?

Also, if you are using XMP, try disabling this initially. If that works, try a lower speed for your ram, or looser timings than the ones the XMP suggests. Technically the CPU only supports up to 2666MHz, so you might just have a poor memory controller if you are using XMP to go above this.

Then obviously, there's things like reinstalling your game(s), checking drivers are up to date, etc.

So you're basically getting 60+ fps but it looks like 30- fps? 

What refreshrate is your monitor set / input lag of a monitor can also cause that cause not only response time is important. 

Checked the frametimes? having high fps is good but having shit frametimes might ruin it. 

I once had a problem like that caused by my mouse settings. Pollingrate / DPI settings. 

On 4/3/2020 at 8:51 PM, C17H23NO2 said:

So you're basically getting 60+ fps but it looks like 30- fps? 

What refreshrate is your monitor set / input lag of a monitor can also cause that cause not only response time is important. 

Checked the frametimes? having high fps is good but having shit frametimes might ruin it. 

I once had a problem like that caused by my mouse settings. Pollingrate / DPI settings. 

Its more like 15 -20 fps for the newer higher spec games. the refresh rate is 144hz 

On 4/3/2020 at 7:58 PM, Acorn444 said:

Have you checked temps on your CPU? Perhaps removing and remounting the cooler?

Also, if you are using XMP, try disabling this initially. If that works, try a lower speed for your ram, or looser timings than the ones the XMP suggests. Technically the CPU only supports up to 2666MHz, so you might just have a poor memory controller if you are using XMP to go above this.

Then obviously, there's things like reinstalling your game(s), checking drivers are up to date, etc.

The xmp was already disabled changed it to profile 1 and still runs slightly better but still frame skips in games and cpu cooler fans speed up and get loud the fps in between frame skips are fine and run quite smoothly otherwise

Just now, Rudestorm said:

The temps are always inbetween 45 - 65

The xmp was already disabled changed it to profile 1 and still runs slightly better but still frame skips in games and cpu cooler fans speed up and get loud the fps in between frame skips are fine and run quite smoothly otherwise