Upgrade from 1060

Looking to upgrade from my 1060

I have a ryzen 5 3600 with 16GB 3000MHZ Ram

Im currently looking at the rx5700 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/XFX-Radeon-5700-Boost-Ultra/dp/B07XVMXBQW/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=rx5700xt&qid=1585858191&sr=8-14 these 2 models https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Radeon-RX-5700-Gaming/dp/B07TZKT8DQ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=gigabyte%2Brx5700xt&qid=1585858165&sr=8-1&th=1 )

Should i go the little extra for the xt versions

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Space-grade-Resistance-Auto-Extreme-Compatibility/dp/B07WFQPLMX/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=rx5700xt&qid=1585858491&sr=8-1 There is this xt version but apparently its very bad

Do you recommend any other GPUs i should upgrade to?

I want to be able to run games at 144+ FPS while still having above 144 while having OBS open, which should mean i should be running the games at 200ish avg FPS to ensure i dont go below from the FPS drops.

The games i play are modern warfare, overwatch, rainbow 6 siege and some more. I dont mind turning all settings to low since its what i usually do. My GPU can currently do Overwatch at 200fps avg but i see a lot of fps dips when having obs open with siege and modernwarfare can become hard to play since i struggle to get over 100fps.

Thanks in advance.

Just now, Daniel Z. said:

Go for the 5700 XT, it's worth it for 144hz

Is the asus one i linked worth it despite all the negative reviews on cooling etc

1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

Go for the 5700 XT, it's worth it for 144hz

The 5700xt at similar prices is definitely the better choice. I'd say if within $30 buy a XT. At $50 or more the question gets interesting. The 5700 has a lot more overclocking headroom. You can bios flash a XT bios to a 5700 and really pick up some performance. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techspot.com/amp/review/1917-amd-radeon-5700-bios-flash-5700-xt/

Just now, toasty99 said:

The 5700xt at similar prices is definitely the better choice. I'd say if within $30 buy a XT. At $50 or more the question gets interesting. The 5700 has a lot more overclocking headroom. You can bios flash a XT bios to a 5700 and really pick up some performance. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techspot.com/amp/review/1917-amd-radeon-5700-bios-flash-5700-xt/

The asus tuf xt one i linked is cheaper than some 5700s, but apparently it has bad cooling and its apparently the worst xt. Should i go for it since its so cheap

6 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

The asus tuf xt one i linked is cheaper than some 5700s, but apparently it has bad cooling and its apparently the worst xt. Should i go for it since its so cheap

You should not get that card. Apparently it has no vrm cooling. 

If you did get that card all you do is buy those cheap thermal pads to cover the vrms and it would be fine. However to do that you have to void your warranty.

15 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

Is the asus one i linked worth it despite all the negative reviews on cooling etc

Sapphire Pulse or PowerColor Red Devil

Just now, toasty99 said:

You should not get that card. Apparently it has no vrm cooling. 

Now, it's actually quite a simple fix... But it voids the warranty. 

Is the different between the xt and 5700 a lot?

10 minutes ago, toasty99 said:

Or you can end up killing the card and voiding the warranty at the same time. BIOS flashings is always risky when what you are basically doing is illegal altering firmware

Just now, 5x5 said:

Sapphire Pulse or PowerColor Red Devil

xt or regular 5700?

Just now, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

About 20% performance delta

xt or regular 5700?

If you can afford it, the XT is the obvious choice

1 minute ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

It's 20% faster than the non XT. It's more than worth it. That's a jump from 180fps to 220fps basically

Just now, 5x5 said:

It's 20% faster than the non XT. It's more than worth it. That's a jump from 180fps to 220fps basically

Ah wow, should i completely avoid that asus tuf one

I got the cheapest 5700 XT last year for $369 -$15 Best Buy cash bucks (, and with a custom fan curve and some tweaks, it never goes above 85c on the hotspot or 80c on the memory. It's loud AF though. So.

It's available right now for only $369

https://www.amazon.com/XFX-1905MHz-Express-Graphics-Rx-57XT8OFF6/dp/B07WRYC3MT/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=5700+xt+raw&qid=1585860567&sr=8-2

The Sapphire Pulse is $30 more. Is it worth it? If I could do it all over again, I would get this one instead. But at the time it was $429 and I didn't feel it was worth $75 more than I paid for mine.

https://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-11293-01-20G-Radeon-Backplate-Graphics/dp/B07WC7683C/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=5700+xt+pulse&qid=1585860596&sr=8-2

I don't think the high end 5700 XT's are worth it unless you want them for the appearance. They are routinely $440-450. The pulse or the Gigabyte 5700 XT OC are the best bangs for your buck at generally ~$400, with the cheapest ones being okay for the price ($370) with some caveats of noise and less than stellar thermals.

But $450 to $370 is $80 or 20% more, for not even close to 20% more performance outside of noise and looks.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

6 minutes ago, LokiiNeedsHelp said:

Yes. If you don't bios flash and overclock the 5700. If you do, then it's close but still an advantage to the 5700xt. 

Honestly my crazy idea would be to buy the Asus Tuf 5700xt. Don't do anything to it, and then just RMA it right before the warranty expires in 3 years (assuming warranty period is the same in the UK). 

1 minute ago, toasty99 said:

Yes. If you don't bios flash and overclock the 5700. If you do, then it's close but still an advantage to the 5700xt. 

Honestly my crazy idea would be to buy the Asus Tuf 5700xt. Don't do anything to it, and then just RMA it right before the warranty expires in 3 years. 

ASUS RMA is terrible, IMO.

Took them 3 tries to get me a functioning RX 470. I do not think they even test them before they send them out.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

ASUS RMA is terrible, IMO.

Took them 3 tries to get me a functioning RX 470. I do not think they even test them before they send them out.

I'd chance it. Just gotta be an a** on the phone. Don't do it if you can find another 5700xt even remotely close in price though. Because chances are it will fail eventually. 

Just now, toasty99 said:

I'd chance it. Just gotta be an a** on the phone. 

not much you can do with being given broken GPU replacements....except waste time and postage.

Just now, toasty99 said:

I'd chance it. Just gotta be an a** on the phone. 

That's not how it works in the UK - you won't achieve anything with that approach, even more so with Asus Support

The Red Dragon is FAR superior - the MECH from MSI is utter garbage and overheats the memory. The cooler on the XFX model is too small and overheats as well.