[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

yes. 

Although that does make me sad, my 780 peaks at 80ºc and usually sits around 75~ :(

Is it just the nature of the case with poor airflow combined with the warm radiators then i take it?

You want to invest in the Kraken G10 and a water cooler for your card, i actually did it to help the issue above, which it has improved.

Before it my MSI 780TI was getting to about 71c and that was with twin frozr fan at about 60%, so it was loud. When i lowered the fan to an acceptable level it started to approach 80c.

Since getting the Kraken G10 it idles at around 20-22c, never went above 38c playing Civ V all day and when i left Shadow of Mordor on the title screen all day as a test it went between 59c - 62c maximum. (The Shadow of Mordor title screen is graphics based and ran my gpu at roughly 99% constant)

Highly recommended.

Is it just the nature of the case with poor airflow combined with the warm radiators then i take it?

You want to invest in the Kraken G10 and a water cooler for your card, i actually did it to help the issue above, which it has improved.

Before it my MSI 780TI was getting to about 71c and that was with twin frozr fan at about 60%, so it was loud. When i lowered the fan to an acceptable level it started to approach 80c.

Since getting the Kraken G10 it idles at around 20-22c, never went about 38c playing Civ V all day and when i left Shadow of Mordor on the title screen all day as a test it went between 59c - 62c maximum. (The Shadow of Mordor title screen is graphics based and ran my gpu at roughly 99% constant)

If I was able to overclock it, I probably would consider getting a Kraken....but unfortunately, my card won't oc for shit...so 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

My pride and joy 

NZXT H440

FX6300

gigabyte 660OC

EVGA 750B

8gb corsair vengance

thermaltake water 2.0 (GPU)

Corsair H100i (CPU)

post-152991-0-52455000-1413928209_thumb.

this thread is pretty old so this is a long shot. I've been trying to find the amount of space that the top panel has. more specifically, the space between the panel(where i would screw in the fan or radiator) and the motherboard. This way I can plan wich radiator I get or where I put it.

thanks!

this thread is pretty old so this is a long shot. I've been trying to find the amount of space that the top panel has. more specifically, the space between the panel(where i would screw in the fan or radiator) and the motherboard. This way I can plan wich radiator I get or where I put it.

thanks!

Well, my Seidon 240m and its fans fit and are sitting at the edge of the motherboard, so anything thicker and you risk compatibility with heatsinks. 

So, 52mm between the top of the motherboard and the top of the chasis. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well, my Seidon 240m and its fans fit and are sitting at the edge of the motherboard, so anything thicker and you risk compatibility with heatsinks. 

So, 52mm between the top of the motherboard and the top of the chasis. 

so my kraken x61 and corsair af140 just fit in, thanks

Hello all,

I checked out this owner's thread before I bought this case.  Well, I got it on Thursday and transferred everything over on Friday.  No modding, just some added fans and lighting with a lot of cable management.  Really like the case and glad I got it. My old case was 7 years old and served me well, but it was time for a change.

post-153642-0-68757200-1414382699.jpg

post-153642-0-56416500-1414382746.jpg

10700 |MSI Z 490 Gaming Edge|EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW 3 Ultra|EVGA P2 750|32 GSkill Sniper X DDR4 3200|Fractal Meshify S2|Kraken X53|LG 34GN 850B

I would swap my 750D for a H440 :/

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Hello all,

I checked out this owner's thread before I bought this case.  Well, I got it on Thursday and transferred everything over on Friday.  No modding, just some added fans and lighting with a lot of cable management.  Really like the case and glad I got it. My old case was 7 years old and served me well, but it was time for a change.

attachicon.gifCase 5.JPG

attachicon.gifCase 3.JPG

what lighting you using in that if pos could you post a pic of inside with the side off?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Hey jaggysnake,

I am using a few different lighting options for the case.  Here is the open case:

post-153642-0-89135900-1414462768.jpg

I took a shot of the top of the inside of the case.  I am using 2 Corsair AF 120s with white LEDs(exhaust config) and 2 deepcool led stips in White mode.   They look bluish in the picture, but they are white.

post-153642-0-02553300-1414462961.jpg

The Deepcool LED strips are really nice and are oriented on either side of the fans. Here is a link to where I got them:  http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_108&item_id=074072

You can look at the specs and such.  The really cool thing (besides the price) is they have a remote to change the color to 16 different choices as well as brightness control and flashing and fading effects.

Remote:

post-153642-0-03275000-1414463204.jpg

Changed the color to red:

post-153642-0-01812500-1414463229.jpg

The last light I added was a white cold cathode oriented vertically ,window side tucked in front of the HD cages.  Again, it looks blue, but is very white!

post-153642-0-85157600-1414463374.jpg

I didn't have many choices trying to find the white lights, but it worked out alright.

10700 |MSI Z 490 Gaming Edge|EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW 3 Ultra|EVGA P2 750|32 GSkill Sniper X DDR4 3200|Fractal Meshify S2|Kraken X53|LG 34GN 850B

Hey There!

When will we see a black/black edition of H440? (Not the Razer edition)

I'm in doubt... this or 450d... Probably  450d :D

Hey jaggysnake,

I am using a few different lighting options for the case.  Here is the open case:

attachicon.gifopencase.JPG

I took a shot of the top of the inside of the case.  I am using 2 Corsair AF 120s with white LEDs(exhaust config) and 2 deepcool led stips in White mode.   They look bluish in the picture, but they are white.

attachicon.gifToplighting.JPG

The Deepcool LED strips are really nice and are oriented on either side of the fans. Here is a link to where I got them:  http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_108&item_id=074072

You can look at the specs and such.  The really cool thing (besides the price) is they have a remote to change the color to 16 different choices as well as brightness control and flashing and fading effects.

Remote:

attachicon.gifremote.JPG

Changed the color to red:

attachicon.gifRed.JPG

The last light I added was a white cold cathode oriented vertically ,window side tucked in front of the HD cages.  Again, it looks blue, but is very white!

attachicon.gifColdcathode.JPG

I didn't have many choices trying to find the white lights, but it worked out alright.

thanks for the detailed pics that has helped alot unfortunately it doesn't look like i can get them deepcool LEDs in the UK, shame because they look awsome

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Hey There!

When will we see a black/black edition of H440? (Not the Razer edition)

I'm in doubt... this or 450d... Probably  450d :D

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release a b/b version of the case :/ Best thing I can recommend is buying the black and whatever colour then spray the coloured accents :/

I can't remember where I saw this but someone bought a black and orange edition and a white edition. Then they switched out the inside of each case and had an all black edition and sold the white and orange edition to recoup the extra cost.

I can't remember where I saw this but someone bought a black and orange edition and a white edition. Then they switched out the inside of each case and had an all black edition and sold the white and orange edition to recoup the extra cost.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117203-unofficial-ltt-nzxt-h440-owners-club/?p=2977207

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

LOL.....djdwosk97, I figured it might have been in this thread, too lazy to look for it :P

Didn't have to go back too far though.

what are the stock fans like on the 440 do they need replacing or are they decent?

what are the stock fans like on the 440 do they need replacing or are they decent?

They're decent....I don't recall getting vastly different temps with them vs. the Cougar Vortex120s im using now (but, im also running the cougars t 50% vs. the stock fans at 100%). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I built two of these suckers. Bit difficult to do cable management with the foam on the back panel and I don't use the fan hub since fans run at 100% plus the included led lights are suspect and don't last long. Been two months and still waiting for replacement light harness from NZXT. Still an awesome case though. Links to my builds in the Build Log section.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/240893-building-the-surgeon-5960x-black-white-build/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/242202-red-black-little-devil/

I built two of these suckers. Bit difficult to do cable management with the foam on the back panel and I don't use the fan hub since fans run at 100% plus the included led lights are suspect and don't last long. Been two months and still waiting for replacement light harness from NZXT. Still an awesome case though. Links to my builds in the Build Log section.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/240893-building-the-surgeon-5960x-black-white-build/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/242202-red-black-little-devil/

Whats your opinion on the DS fans? 

Still want to get a blue one for my build, but opinions on them so far are pretty much split between shit and good. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I found all fan types to be a bit hit and miss so far. 

I have 6 DS fans, all very quiet under normal operating temps and speeds, but at full speed one of the six has a noticeable vibration. Only at full speed though which the system never needs, but to compare, I have 6 Corsair SP and AF fans in another rig and the two SP140s on my rad both have a resonating vibration at full speed. Could be because of the horizontal mounting position. The vibrating DS fan is also mounted horizontally on the rad if that means anything.

Again, the system never goes up to full speed on any of my fans even under load so it's not an issue.  The thing the DS fans have going is they look unique and they are very quiet under normal circumstances plus the LEDs are quite bright so you don't really need extra lighting in your rig.

So I guess in my case it comes down to luck, the more you buy the better the chance that one will have issues, so far I'm happy with them.

Can I be part of the club? These may be a bit premature since I am buying an AIO tomorrow, but I just took these pictures so I wanted to share.

I came from having an H230, tomorrow I am adding an h105 ($88 at Fry's! What!!) and an LED fan for a little inside illumination. I found this case on CL a few months ago and I knew I needed it. At the time there was no way to get one new (They're back in stock on the NZXT Armory store now), so I jumped on it. No ragrets.

Will post more pictures after additions tomorrow.

CPU: i7 4770

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake OEM replacement, Corsair H105 (11/2)

MOBO: Z87X-UD4H

Memory: 16GB from an HP Workstation 

SSD: SanDisk x110 64gb (OS only)

HDD: Some random drives from old PC's

GPU: MSI GTX770 Gaming SLI

PSU: Corsair AX750 Fully Modular 

Case: H440 Black/Blue...duh

L71ow9Ql.jpg

1vSxUgUl.jpg

La7he0Ol.jpg

6gGQXQal.jpg

9A6CCB8l.jpg

kUx4Pgal.jpg

2IRxiPXl.jpg

9zUfETkl.jpg

K901uSdl.jpg

EDIT 11/9: A couple hurried photos during/after the H105 install, better ones to come later.

I also plan to cover the hoses with painted vinyl tubing. I accidentally bought the wrong size tubing the first time so I haven't been able to do it yet.

B0DrLa9l.jpg

K23XadHl.jpg

Was particularly proud of the extra fan placement here. I wanted the LED 140 in the rear so it could bring some illumination to the main section, so I ziptied this one into place to feed air straight to my 770's. My temps have improved across the board.

pMugaDbl.jpg

/Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black /CPU: i7 4770 /GPU: MSI GTX770 TF SLI /Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H

Can I be part of the club? 

noted! and thanks.

if possible, list your build specs.

noted! and thanks.

if possible, list your build specs.

No problem, I'll add it to my post.

/Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black /CPU: i7 4770 /GPU: MSI GTX770 TF SLI /Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H

Just ordered mine n black/red

1st solo build so really looking forward to its arrival (friend helped with my current pc 6 years ago)