[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

im thinking of  buying noctua's fan but idk which one i shud get (i mean i dont understnad whats the difference between different noctua models), and i was about to setlle for nf-a14flx because everybody seems to use that on their pc.

id like to ask a question after looking at your spec, where do you use the NF-F12 PWM? is it the front fan? what does F12 do differently than an A14? is F12 a static fan?

cheerssss

Looking at their product page is a good start. Link

Some are more optimized for static pressure, others are more optimized for air flow. Static pressure is measured in mmH20, so the higher, the better.

I use the NF-F12 as an intake in the front because of their high static pressure, which you will need to pull air through the filter and the small gap on the edge of the case. The F12 is more for static pressure and and A14 is for airflow. So I use the A14 as a back exhaust.

I use all Noctua because I like consistency and they are incredibly silent for their superb performance. 

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

Took the day off just so I could be here when this beast arrived.Here is a couple of pics for now, I have to go run some arons really quick, when I get back I will upload more pics of the case.

Ok Im back :) Finished  for the most part besides just sleeving the 2 8-pin PCI-E cables, which I will finish sometime over the weekend :). I built this PC for my 5 year old daughter and the next thing Im going to do with it, is take all the black on the H440 and paint it Pink. This case is extremly clean and if it were much much bigger I would definitely buy it for my own build, other then the case being too small for my own personal gain it is a  great case and looks unbelievably beautiful.

Wow, someone with the same case AND motherboard, only my case hasn't arrived and it's taking it's sweet time. Thanks for posting this, it gives me a rough idea of how mine will look!

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

Wow, someone with the same case AND motherboard, only my case hasn't arrived and it's taking it's sweet time. Thanks for posting this, it gives me a rough idea of how mine will look!

Sorry to here your case has not made it to you yet :(. Your welcome :) cant wait to see yours as well.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

What lights did you use? They look really nice!

Cut them down to maybe a foot and put them on the drive bay. Very bright needless to say. 6 inches on top and on the side would suffice.

http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-White-16-4FT-Flexible-Lights/dp/B00ASVGI8O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394199488&sr=8-1&keywords=supernight+5050+smd

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Cut them down to maybe a foot and put them on the drive bay. Very bright needless to say. 6 inches on top and on the side would suffice.

http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-White-16-4FT-Flexible-Lights/dp/B00ASVGI8O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394199488&sr=8-1&keywords=supernight+5050+smd

Are those the exact ones? The ones in your build look blue?

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

Are those the exact ones? The ones in your build look blue?

Yup "cool" white. They look more blue in the pic than they actually are. From what I recall there is a warm white as well. They do come in various colors as. They sell a lot on amazon but also have their own website if youre looking more into it.

edit: THESE?

-----

I think the camera soaked up alot of the room incandescent lighting making the case leds more blue in my profile pic. Away from that they look more white.

IMG_20140228_073156_zpse059c955.jpg

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

Anyone have an R9 290/X with this case? I'm worried about the temps since they get notoriously hot

I am totally buying this case the minute it comes in stock in the UK. Please keep posting your builds people. I want as much inspiration as possible. All your builds look fantastic :D

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

I used 4 UV cold cathodes. Link

And cable extensions because I am lazy. Link

1) whose cable extension brands did you use? is that corsair or nzxt or bitfenix? those are the only three available where i live :( i think im going to get the blue ones.

2) Btw, regarding extension cables... what is the proper way to use it? is it PSU >> Modular Cable PSU >> NZXT Extention Cable >> Motherboard the correct order on using it...?

does it works for extension only, or can it completely replaced the PSU original modular cable?

1) whose cable extension brands did you use? is that corsair or nzxt or bitfenix? those are the only three available where i live :( i think im going to get the blue ones.

2) Btw, regarding extension cables... what is the proper way to use it? is it PSU >> Modular Cable PSU >> NZXT Extention Cable >> Motherboard the correct order on using it...?

does it works for extension only, or can it completely replaced the PSU original modular cable?

1) I use these brand of extension cables, and you can get them from this site too: link I've used Corsair cables before, but they weren't extension, and replaced the entire cable on my Corsair PSU. I haven't used NZXT or Bitfenix cables before.

2) That is the correct order. Extensions are only used to extend the OEM cables, not replace them.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

I'm really glad they make those extension cables. My current PSU cables are braided but the braiding ends about 2 inches before the connector, they are not shielded either so they just have the bare cables on display.. which honestly makes the whole point of braiding them at all completely pointless. I'm getting a set of red extensions to compliment the black ones I already own for when my red/black H440 eventually arrives at my door :D

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

• 2 weeks later...

I have my H440 finally (UK). I have a full build log over here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/127690-replay-project-h440-build/ and a full gallery over here: http://imgur.com/a/jrIai

I like the blue LEDs. They don't seem to flood the entire case in blue. Though I would've liked to see this case lit up in the dark. You have taken better pics of it than I could've done. Gives that case some justice. Nice job overall.

Hey guys,

I wanted to share my new H440 build which I finished today. So far I love it and highly recommend this case:

+ clean and beautiful design

+ cable management super easy even with a non-modular PSU like mine

+ covered PSU

+ great quality

- fan hub not controllable --> hub is connected to a Molex connector on 12V pin-out which causes fans to  unnecessarily run at 100%. Changed pin-out to 7V and now fan noise is bearable. My other option would have been to install the Corsair Link Cooling Kit but I didn't want to drop another $60 on that for now.

System Specs:
==============
CASE: NZXT H440 + NZXT Sleeved LED Kit Blue
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230V3 Haswell 3.3GHz
CPU FAN: Cooler Master Hyper T4
MB: GIGABYTE GA-H87-D3H
GPU: MSI TwinFrozr GeForce GTX 770 2GB
MEM: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
PSU: CORSAIR VX550
SSD: 1 x SAMSUNG EVO840 120GB (OS) + 1 x SAMSUNG EVO840 250GB (Games)
HDD: 1 x Western Digital WD Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

PERIPHERALS:
============
MONITOR: DELL UltraSharp U2414H
KEYBOARD: CORSAIR K70 Cherry MX Brown Switches
MOUSE: Standard Logitech Laser Mouse (to be replaced by CORSAIR M65)
MOUSEPAD: SteelSeries QCK Gaming Mousepad

post-61830-0-72539600-1395771755_thumb.j

post-61830-0-39043100-1395771880_thumb.j

post-61830-0-19210800-1395771992_thumb.j

Took the day off just so I could be here when this beast arrived.Here is a couple of pics for now, I have to go run some arons really quick, when I get back I will upload more pics of the case.

-snip because....... Reasons.....-

I didn't know you picked up a H440, I want one for my server potentially, I love pretty much all NZXT cases.... Oh, I realised I wrote this with the wrong account.... You have no idea who this is. I'll give you a hint, you mis-spelled "errands".... If that was enough to figure it out, remember, this is a secret account of mine Don't go telling people. I love that case though

-Turkey with a vengeance 

Does anyone know of a good way to mod the fan speeds on the integrated fan controller?

Having all 7 fans at 12v seems like it will get loud even with the foam.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Does anyone know of a good way to mod the fan speeds on the integrated fan controller?

Having all 7 fans at 12v seems like it will get loud even with the foam.

I changed the pin-out of the hub power cable to 7V: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-air-pressure-heatsink,3058-4.html

Now the fans are much quieter but not super silent. If you are willing to spend some money, you could replace the hub with a Corsair Link Cooling Kit which will give you the ability to change fan speed dynamically via a software. Btw, I contacted NZXT and they also told me to use a molex adapter from 12V to 7V.

The missing fan control is pretty much the only thing that I don't like about the H440, it's otherwise a great case.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all quick question , has anyone noticed any difference in cooling ect running static pressure fans rather than airflow optimised in the front?

Will be upgrading my fans soon but wanted to make the right choice.

Also ill chuck up some picks of my rig.

Cheers Kris

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's My H440 everyone! After taking the pictures, I have come to a conclusion it looks super awesomely plain. Then again, I like the plain look :P. Managing those cables was almost impossible, I had loads of trouble routing all of the power supply cables and also the cables to the ssd. Really good case with a ton of hooks for zip ties in the back. Even with two fans I manages to be super cool (I am in the basement so take that into consideration) and practically inaudible.

attachicon.gifIMAG0369.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0371.jpg

How did you get that mobo all black? Looks pretty neat and awesome!

My personal rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/139780-zalman-my-first-build/

I use it partially as a Hackintosh. Don't judge me.

How did you get that mobo all black? Looks pretty neat and awesome!

Comes with a black cover over the components, I'm not sure on who makes them, but I have a feeling it's Asus and a few others.

my next build case in black/blue

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Just finished my build in this case yesterday and i will post some pictures in a little bit :) totally loving this case, had no problems whatsoever installing most of the components. The only issue i ran into was trying to mount the SSD on the ssd mounts without wrenching on the sata connector.