[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

UPDATE 18-02-14

ok, here is the 360 radiator feelings, *pout* not what i was expecting. i was pretty

much thinking from some reviewers that 2x 360 could be used in this case.

mmm, nope. a couple of items impede this decision. the top radiator with a fan has

a limitation of 40mm maximum plus a 25mm fan thickness and you've run out of

real estate on the motherboard, 'sinks and front radiator support. shrink the roof

radiator to 30mm plus 25mm for fan and the front radiator just can fit (using a

XSPC RX360), but the front fan location on the roof radiator is blocked by 70%.

attachicon.gifNew H440 034.JPG

attachicon.gifNew H440 035.JPG

so in true reality, this case can support up to a 360x 40 radiator in the roof or

360x 80 in the front intake, or 360 front 240x 40 in the roof, or 360 front 280x 40 in

the roof, 360x 40 in the roof and 240x 80 front. tried to put the 280 in the front with

a 360 in the roof and you run into interference and blockage issues .

so top radiator fittings in the front or the rear?

front, due to the cutout for the front i/o USB 2.0/3.0, positioning the fittings forward

and mounting the fans (typical push) the fitting tanks interferes with the switch and

switch harness. to work around this limitation, mounting the fans in between the roof

mount and radiator will allow the fitting tank to clear the USB cables with room to

spare. pro remark for this mounting is maintenance for cleaning the radiator will be

easier. con, no NB ELoop fans on this configuration.

attachicon.gifNew H440 031.JPG

attachicon.gifNew H440 033.JPG

rear fitting mount like the AIO, the rear fan will be a PITA, even in its lowest position.

with the radiator in this position, the fans can be mounted in between the roof and

radiator of in typical push config. hose routing could be dicey, along the fan/mobo

layout.

attachicon.gifNew H440 032.JPG

I was wondering what might be a radiator you reccomend for this case in the top.

Also, if i'm just cooling my cpu and gpu, do I need a 360 rad? I mean I know it would be best to use just to not waste space in the top

of the case and because the cooling would be better, but i'm a bit worried about being able to fit a 360 and fans inside the case without any problems.

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Here's My H440 everyone! After taking the pictures, I have come to a conclusion it looks super awesomely plain. Then again, I like the plain look :P. Managing those cables was almost impossible, I had loads of trouble routing all of the power supply cables and also the cables to the ssd. Really good case with a ton of hooks for zip ties in the back. Even with two fans I manages to be super cool (I am in the basement so take that into consideration) and practically inaudibl

noctuas butcher it :|, also what mobo is that?

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Doesn't seem like it is too radiator friendly, right?

144Hz goodness

Doesn't seem like it is too radiator friendly, right?

30-45mm max thickness in roof, 120, 240, 280, 360 rad support

30 to 80mm in the front and same as above but be warned not dual 360 without issues.

otherwise its a really neat case for watercooling.

noctuas butcher it :|, also what mobo is that?

Not when you put the side panel on, You cant see the top or the rear if you face the window directly in front of it. The motherboard is a saber tooth z77 (its in my signature).

My build: i5 3570k , Sabertooth Z77, Be quiet Dark Rock 2, Corsair vengeance 16 gb ram, Corsair RM 750, WD Black 1TB , ADATA 256 GB SSD, Asus 660ti DCUII, NZXT H440, Noctua NF-F12 & NF-A14.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Just put my white H440 system together to make sure all the new and old parts worked together.  Thanks for all the comments here as they helped put the components I'm easier. Especially the advice to run the power cables and then connect to the power supply.  

Comments so far. Fans are pretty good. Much quieter than the ones put on the Kraken x60. The rear panel of the case is a little tight for cable management but doable.  Love the trays for dual SSDs but I need to buy them so not so happy about the expense.   

My my one plan is to put some graphics on the SSDs. What is the best way?  Vinyl or other type of decals?  

My my one plan is to put some graphics on the SSDs. What is the best way?  Vinyl or other type of decals?  

What about stickers ?, i think there are some sites that lets you make custom motives and prints & sends you them.

Stickers would work.  I guess there wouldn't be much heat from the SSDs

42279460-5a91-45bc-b28d-9d86caf7913e_zps

This is my first time on imgur so if the link doesn't work lemme know.

http://imgur.com/a/nNCew#0

Still sleeving 24pin.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

42279460-5a91-45bc-b28d-9d86caf7913e_zps

This is my first time on imgur so if the link doesn't work lemme know.

http://imgur.com/a/nNCew#0

Still sleeving 24pin.

Awesome! I'm still debating whether to put the fans on top like you do or not. Do you think it matters due to the top panel restricting airflow, or was it just an aesthetic decision you made?

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Awesome! I'm still debating whether to put the fans on top like you do or not. Do you think it matters due to the top panel restricting airflow, or was it just an aesthetic decision you made?

Actually I wanted to put the rad in the front panel but i didnt calculate clearance and max fan usage. So to use every fan available i had to put the rad on top. The fans are hidden above it. I've done a couple of benchmarks and it hasn't gone past 60+ in temps. Though I also have yet to overclock anything. I have a ways to go to get it where I like it.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

IMG_20140228_074337_zpsa558c14a.jpg

Added lights!

Added lights!

I saw that you said you weren't completely happy how your cables are atm, so you might want to look into getting some of these :)http://www.frozencpu.com/search.html?mv_profile=keyword_search&mv_session_id=HGvHaWRn&searchspec=lutroO&go.x=0&go.y=0

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I saw that you said you weren't completely happy how your cables are atm, so you might want to look into getting some of these :)http://www.frozencpu.com/search.html?mv_profile=keyword_search&mv_session_id=HGvHaWRn&searchspec=lutroO&go.x=0&go.y=0

Yes I've considered those. I'm hoping since the 24 pin is all on one plug I wont need it for those. It's just the darned single pin on the right that's separating itself from the rest.

I've been looking (clearly, not very hard) for something like this! Though I hate the shipping costs when I don't have a lot of things to buy.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

Happy to say I'm finally joining this club.. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to scratch the window within about two hours of taking the plastic off. Is there any way I can buff it out?

CPU: 4670K @4.4ghz

COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo

GPU: Sapphire 7770 (saving up for a 290)

MOBO: Asrock Z87 Extreme4

RAM: 8gb G-skill Sniper 1866

SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 240gb

BACKUP SSD: Seagate 240gb

HDD: 1tb Toshiba 7200 rpm

ACCESSORIES: NZXT 1m white LED kit

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

Happy to say I'm finally joining this club.. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to scratch the window within about two hours of taking the plastic off. Is there any way I can buff it out?

Welcome! How deep is the cut?

Welcome! How deep is the cut?

I can't feel it with my nail, but it's casting a shadow inside the case.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

Worked on the cable management some more and finally added a little lighting. Pretty content with how it is now.

20140222_063154.jpg

20140222_063300.jpg

what led do you use? is it an aftermarket led like that nzxt led cable? also im a newbie on pc building, may i ask how to sleeve cables like that? i mean what's the keyword to google on how to do / youtube it?

cheerssss

what led do you use? is it an aftermarket led like that nzxt led cable? also im a newbie on pc building, may i ask how to sleeve cables like that? i mean what's the keyword to google on how to do / youtube it?

cheerssss

That is the keyword ;) or Braided, but you van buy pre-braided if you want, I just bought some from BitFenix, called Alchemy's for my H440 build, when it finally gets shipped in the UK. As for LEDs, NZXT do some nice black braided LEDs, really nice but not extremely bright like the strips you can buy.

That is the keyword ;) or Braided, but you van buy pre-braided if you want, I just bought some from BitFenix, called Alchemy's for my H440 build, when it finally gets shipped in the UK. As for LEDs, NZXT do some nice black braided LEDs, really nice but not extremely bright like the strips you can buy.

so... alchemy is  brighter than nzxt led or the other way around? sorry bad english :D

cheerssss

I used 4 UV cold cathodes. Link

And cable extensions because I am lazy. Link

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

Just for reference the leds in my case are 5050 leds, that of which bitfenix uses as well. They are very bright and I've only used under a foot of strip. NZXT lights are not 5050 but the configured rbg option is nice. Though you can always get more rgb/ other color for more at less cost if you buy your own leds. Others are typically 3528 and do great accent lighting. Sometimes I think the 5050s are just too much. Especially white cases. Next time you see a lit build ask them what brightness their leds are and you can compare.

I used 4 UV cold cathodes. Link

And cable extensions because I am lazy. Link

im thinking of  buying noctua's fan but idk which one i shud get (i mean i dont understnad whats the difference between different noctua models), and i was about to setlle for nf-a14flx because everybody seems to use that on their pc.

id like to ask a question after looking at your spec, where do you use the NF-F12 PWM? is it the front fan? what does F12 do differently than an A14? is F12 a static fan?

cheerssss